Approved Blockspiders's Application

blockspiders

Crafter
What is your Name?
Jake, AKA blockspiders

What is your Discord Name (name#1111) ?
blockspiders#5838

What is your Age?
(as long as you are kind, handle yourself with maturity, you are welcome! Just know many of us are old farts.)

Where are you from? (location/timezone)
Illinois / US Central

Have you read the rules? Do you agree to them? And which rule resonates best with you?
Yes, I've read and agree to the rules. The zero tolerance for bigotry / "safe zone" policy is reassuring to see when joining a new community (that is, knowing in advance that I wouldn't have to interact with that kind of toxicity)

Do you understand(written above) you must be active in order to maintain your membership status to the community?
Yes

Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?
No

How did you hear about the Crafting Worlds?
Through a recruitment post on a New World subreddit post, via my friend Slackwise who's also applying today

Why do you want to be a part of Crafting Worlds? (this is probably the most important one)
Looking for a positive and active community to play with. I like the flexible attitude towards "casual vs hardcore" in terms of time investment / playstyle.

What was your first/favorite creative outlet? (optional)
I enjoy making pixel art, or playing games that give me the option to build my own world. I like to play around with photography and make weird noises in Ableton.

What were your first gaming experiences? (Console, PC, pen & paper, board games etc.)
Playing DOOM with my dad on our 486, navigating and looking for secrets while he drove the Doomguy around

What games are you currently playing/looking to play with the Crafting Worlds community?
New World!

What role do you find yourself falling into in games? (For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social, etc.)
A little of everything, but I tend to enjoy games the most in co-op PVE. I like to PVP sometimes, with a good group.

Were you ever a part of a community? What was your experience?
I've been in MMO guilds / persistent game servers in the past; currently I'm in a number of discord servers that I engage with to varying degrees. In general I've enjoyed my time the most in the ones that are not overly serious but
foster a positive and inclusive culture.

What will you bring to the Crafting Worlds community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping? Cookies!?)
Terrible puns, my thoughts on game design, and my love for exploring and enjoying games with friendly faces. I like to make people laugh, and I like sharing things I learn with other players.

Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. The more we know about your the better!
I'm an avid bike rider, Hellboy is my favorite graphic novel (though King City, Saga and Invincible are up there too), and a good portion of my memory is occupied by Simpsons quotes.

Top Bottom