What's new

GW2 Blowi, Mesmer PvP

The more I see of mesmer PVP the more awesome it looks. Wonder how skill changes will affect it before launch. If only it wasnt butterflys!

After watching some more vids I am confident that I can pull off both looking awesome and playing mesmer~

will be the first thing I try in the next bwe

I have a question.. why is it when a pro plays a class, everyone wants to play it... did you not enjoy the Ranger? or did the Mesmer now look powerful and you want the most powerful class?

I have a question.. why is it when a pro plays a class, everyone wants to play it... did you not enjoy the Ranger? or did the Mesmer now look powerful and you want the most powerful class?

Ooh ooh, I can so answer this! As a fighting game player, I have tons of experience with the tier whore mentality... No one gives the characters with blatantly obvious potential much attention. For instance, I play Adon in SF4. He was thought to be mid/low tier... Until the Taiwanese player Gamerbee came out of nowhere and won EVO with him... Then everyone was all over Adon... Until they realized he's only good if you play well with footsies, spacing, and have very good solid execution.

Same as with GW1... People were always jacking the Mesmer until they realized how powerful Diversion, Blackout, mantra of recovery and other skills were... Same with things like Boon Signet, Blinding surge, gale, etc... All great skills with hidden potential. Soon as they saw it on top 100 on obs mode, it's godlike, even if the player was just experimenting... Somehow though, when they run it, it's not so amazing... It's skill... But people LOOOVE new technology and watching pros.

My interest in the ranger has waned some becuase of the general feedback I have been seeing. I am still going to try it, but the mesmer just looks incredibly fun! I have been playing d3 with a wiz using illusions, and it reminds me of that in a way, except done in a much more in depth way.

I havent played yet, so I can only go with what I can get information about, and mesmer pvp makes me happy :D

Top Bottom