Brigga's Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brigga

Name
Daniel Hampton

Age (must be 18+)

Where are you from? (timezone)
I live in NC. Been here my whole life in a little town called Cherryville. Don't really have a desire to move or live anywhere else. It's quiet here and a great place for to raise my daughter.

Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?
I hope to become friends with all the members of TAB. You guys are a great group of gamers and I think I would fit in well. I have added Crake on my Torchlight 2 friends list, but we have't had the chance to murder some badies together yet. Also added dainjre to my steam friends list but haven't gotten into a game with them either.

Character Name(s)
I've had a number of different character names across multiple games. Some include a Tauren shaman named Chinook and a Dwarf priest named Hovan, but the character name I use the most often and has become somewhat of my alter ego is Brigga.

What games do you wish to play with the alttabme community?
I would love to play any game that alttabme is interested in. You guys all have very good taste in games that are coming out or that have already been released. To be honest I didn't even know about Wildstar until I stubbled on to your youtube videos. Now I thank the sweet gaming gods every day that I did. I'm a gamer always have been always will be and I want to be a part of a community of like minded people.

Class/Race(if applicable)
I like playing big avatars. Not sure why but I think it mostly has to do with how armor and weapons usually look on larger avatars. I usually choose the race I play based on size. As for class i'm always a healer. I enjoy healing and being the driving force behind a skilled tank.

What role do you wish to play in the guild? For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social
As I stated before I'm a healer at heart. It's always the first class I roll when I first start playing a game. I like when people depend on me. True story alert.....I played a troll shaman healer the majority of the time during my WoW days and after clearing the Icecrown Citadel in RotLK my guild, like most, wanted to get the achievements so we could get the proto drake. My big contibution to those achievements was I convinced my raid leader to let me try solo healing most of the boss fights and let the others go DPS. I was very successful and everybody was amazed at my skills. Well I mean they all knew I was good and usually topped the heal meter, which I know isn't are to do, but after I solo healed it's like I was the celebrity healer in the guild.

I have to say I like PvE more than PvP, but I'm not affraid to get my hands dirty with the blood of my enemies.

Which previous MMO's or online games have you played and how long for?
WoW was the first true MMO I got hooked on. My closest friends and I all started playing in vanilla WoW which is where the name Brigga arriginated. We all played for a couple years, but then they got tired of it and quit. I, on the other hand, was addicted. My first toon as an orc hunter which I got to level 60 but didn't have much fun playing. The reason I choose the hunter was because I could tame pets. After that I rolled a Tauren druid and feel in love with healing. After that I was raiding regular with my druid. I was around that time that my ex wife and I were not getting along. That's a long story that I won't bore you with, but it wasn't the game that ended up breaking that up. One of the friends I started playing with came back to the game just long enough to get a shaman to max level before he quit again. It would be that shaman that I would eventually take over playing and become Brigga, after a server transfer and a name change obviously.

After I quit Wow and got out of a toxic marriage. I found comfort in a sweet red head and SWTOR. Neither lasted very long. The girl was too immature and the game wasn't as solid as I had hoped.

Oh forgot that I did play City of Heros for a while with the same friends that I started playing WoW with. Funny story I lend more to warcraft while one of my friends stuck with CoH. Good thing that he did I guess because he would end up meeting his wife through that game.

After that I got into Tera. I didn't think the game was that bad until they introduced the rift style world raid events. Anyway it was in that game that I meet one of the coolest guys and still am very good friends with to this day. I got out of Tera mainly I think because I rushed so hard to get max level that I ended up burning out on the game. Not to mention the guild I had joined was very stable or organized.

When I left Tera I bounced between some free to play games like Path of Exiles and Age of Wushu, but never was able to get sucked into those. During the steam summer sale I picked up some games and have to say Torchlight 2 brings back so many awesome memories from Diablo 2.

Gw2 was the next big game I got into, but like so many others I just couldn't find the joy in playing after 7-8 months.

Oh just noticed I didn't really give a time frame on some of my past games.
WoW was about 8 years
CoH was about 1 year
Tera, SWTOR and the other randoms I played was about 6 months maybe a little more.

Were you a part of a guild? What was your experience?
My first real guild was named Zerglings on the Bleeding Hallow server of Wow. We never made it to end game content because of drama. After that I just soloed around for a while a little intimidated to get into any guild that was raiding because I was afraid I wasn't good enough. Fast forward to me on my shaman and I joined this regular ICC raid hosted by some alts in a guild named Meh. They enjoyed my company so much and my heals they ask if I wanted a spot in their main raid group. Awesome group of guys and still keep in touch with a number of the guild members, but when I got a serious job I couldn't make the raid times anymore and decided it was time to lay down my mace and shield and bow out.

Didn't have a guild in SWTOR just soloed.

Tera I had a guild and they were an ok group, but a month after release the guild started to disappear.

Only guild I had in GW2 was The Accord which consisted of my friend I meet in Tera, some of my RL friends when they would log on and myself.

How did you hear about the AltTabMe?
I first started watching That1guy on youtube and put some of his gold making strategies to use in GW2. After that I found your videos on Wildstar, and thought no w there is a cool group of people that care about the games they play.

What will you bring to the ALTTABME community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping?)
I love figuring things out. I find pleasure in being the first at something and leading others or helping others to obtain what I have. I'm not chatty, but am always willing to talk or listen which ever is needed. I pride myself on how open I am about my life. I've had some experiences that i'm not proud of and some that I'm very proud of. I've been fortunate in that I was able to travel after high school and see 32 of our 50 wonderful states. I have a great since of humor and just an all around mellow guy.

How much time do you spend a week on games?
Oh man in my younger days I would pull all nighters 2 days in a row sometimes. When I was raiding with Meh in Wow I would nap during the day wake up at midnight, raid till 3am then sleep for another 3 hours before I had to go to work. Now I have a wonderful girlfriend who accepts my passion for gaming and a beautiful 10 year old daughter so my game time is limited. I usually log on to something from 7-10 on weekdays. That is unless my girls want to watch a movie or go somewhere. On the weekends, as long as we have no plans, I usually average 10-12 hours between friday night and saturday night.

Is there anything else you would like to throw in here at the end?
I want to join a group that is mature, balanced, welcoming, and passionate about the things I am. It has become a habit to check your website after I get home and sometimes if there is an interesting topic on the forums I find time at work to stay active in said topic. I'm hoping that my second application is more to what you were looking for. I tried to be as open as possible and informative about what kind of person I am. I have no problems using mumble and would like to jump on and chat with you guys sometime.

Have you finished all of the prerequisite requirements?
Yes (I read and replied to the rules, I understand I must be active on the forums to stay on the roster, and I have a minimum of 1-2 posts(other than this application), and I made sure those posts weren't just bullshit)

Enter the Code so we know you read the rules
magicpassword

Let us compare....

Name
Daniel Hampton

Age (must be 18+)

Where are you from? (timezone)
North Carolina

Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?

Character Name(s)
Brigga

What games do you wish to play with the alttabme community?
Wildstar

Class/Race(if applicable)
Mordesh/Spellslinger

What role do you wish to play in the guild? For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social
PvE

Which previous MMO's or online games have you played and how long for?
WoW, Rift, GW2,

Were you a part of a guild? What was your experience?
I have always been part of a guild in any MMO, and I've made many long time friends that I still maintain contact with even after a game.

How did you hear about the AltTabMe?
First learned of AltTabMe from watching a gold making video for GW2

What will you bring to the ALTTABME community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping?)
I'm a very skilled and humble player. I enjoy contributing and overcoming content with guild members.

How much time do you spend a week on games?
25 hours

Is there anything else you would like to throw in here at the end?
You all seem like a very cool group of people, and would like to grow as a gamer in a well rounded gaming community.

Holy shit. That difference between the first app and second app is great! /highfives all around for that alone :)

The only thing is, I see 40 messages and I can't really recall any of them off the top of my head. On application alone, I would say +1, but I definitely want to hear some other opinions. Chances are it's just that we've been discussing in opposite topics. I feel like I personally haven't gotten to know you enough, but I'm sure others have.

Let's see what the others have to say :)

Thanks for the highfive. Yeah haven't had a chance to get in any discussion that you were apart of. Look forward to it tho.

Ya, great app, and I have seen him around and contributing. def a +1 from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom