What's new

Building an Epic 4-hour drive playlist

Sivenx

On Saturday, this beautiful super-lady should be mine:
S9eQVqo.jpg

It's a brand-new 2013 Imprezza WRX STi, all-wheel drive, turbocharged, and sport-tuned. To properly christen her, I am working on a playlist ahead of time, for the 4-hour drive home. Disclaimer: I won't be speeding, racing, or blasting music so loud I can't hear the engine. I will do all three in a couple months when I get the schedule for local Autocross events.

My playlist currently includes:

Drum&Bass (Pendulum)
Electronic (Fatboy Slim, Moby)

I'm planning on adding some:

Classic Rock (Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty, Journey, Europe...)
Hair Metal (Motley Crue...)
Gothic / Symphonic Metal (Demetori, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Nemesea, Sirena, Dream Theater...)
Epic (Two Steps From Hell)

The question is, what do you all recommend? I'm also taking a poll for the proper first track to blast on the stereo of my first new car, first sports car.

Those are great cars...its what I would have if I had wanted a car instead of a Jeep. That being said...you need more drum n bass. Logistics, Netsky, London Elektricity....to name a few.

Also its not Gothic metal but I tend to love metal bands with leading ladies. Something about going from screaming to beautiful singing is awesome. Check out In This Moment. Not to haply with their newest album but check out their older albums. Also your list could use some Glitch Hop

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rock:
Since you've been gone- Rainbow
Smoke on the water- deep purple
Layla- Derek & the Dominos
You really got me- The Kinks
Tie your mother down- Queen
Man on the Silver mounatin- Rainbow
Rebel Rebel- David Bowie
Phtotograph- Def Leppard
Wild Thing- The Troggs
Where were you- Jeff Beck with Terry Bozzio G Tony Hymnas
Rocky mountain way- Joe Walsh
Paranoid- Black Sabbath ( I feel guilty for listening this as a christian :p )
Surfing with the Alien- Joe Satriani
Voodoo Chile- Jimmi Hendrix
My Generation- The Who
20th Century Boy- T. Rex
All Shook Up- Paul McCartney
Johnny B. Goode- Chuck Berry
Hash Pipe- Weezer
Ace of Spades- Motorhead
Summertime Blues- Eddie Cochran
Apache- Shadows
All Right now- (single version)- Free
Let me Entertain you- Robbie Williams
Oh Well- Fleetwood Mac
For Whom the Bell Tolls- Metallica
Gimme all your loving- ZZ top
Sultans of Swing- Dire Straits
More than a feeling- Boston
Crossroads- Cream
Going down town tonight- Status Quo
Can't get enough- Bad Company
Here I go again ( '87 remix) - Whitesnake
Teenage Dirtbag- Wheatus
Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
One Vision- Queen
Run to you- Bryan Adams
Addicted to Love- Robert Palmer
Waterloo sunset- The Kinks
Pour some sugar on me- Def Leppard
Rebel Yell- Billy Idol
Smooth Criminal ( re-recorded)- Alien Ant Farm
You gotta fight for you right to partyeeehhh- Beastie Boys
Should I stay or should I go- The Clash
Walk don't run- Ventures
All day and all of the night- The kinks
Jailbreak- Thin Lizzy
Action- Sweet
Run to the hills- Iron Maiden
Fat lip- Sum 41
Sabre dance- Love sculpture
Hocus Pocus- Focus
Paper plane- status quo
She sells sanctuary- the cult
Teenage Kicks- the Undertones
Hate to say I told you so- The Hives
Pinball Wizard- the Who
Sunshine of your Love- Cream
Black Night (single version) - Deep purple
Born to be wild- Steppewolf
School's Out- Alice Cooper
Sharp dressed man- ZZ top
Roll over lay down- status quo
All night long- Rainbow
The Jean Genie- David Bowie
how you remind me -Nickelback
Inside- Stiltskin
My sharona- The Knack
Hold the Line- toto
Saturday Nite at the duck-pond- The Cougars
C'mon everybody- Eddie Chochran
FBI- Shadows
Guitar Boogie Shuffle- Bert Weedon
That'll be the day- Buddy Holly
Wishing well- Free
Another Brick in the wall- Pink Floyd
Parisienne Walkways- Gary Moore
God Save the Queen- Brian May
Bye Bye Baby Goodbye- Rainbow
Memphis Tennessee- The Animals
For your love- the Yardbirds
Time of the season- the Zombies
Magic Bus- the who[DOUBLEPOST=1368782175,1368782116][/DOUBLEPOST]The Yardbirds, The Kinks, The Who, The Zombies and The Animals are all great Classic Rock bands. The list above is a list of my all time favorite songs :)

On Saturday, this beautiful super-lady should be mine:
Gothic / Symphonic Metal ... Dream Theater...

If you add some Dream Theater make sure you don't go overboard or you might accidentally have it fill up half your drive.

As for the first song...I'm not actually 'recommending' this, but it would be quite fitting:

Can never go wrong with Imagine Dragons. :) Subarus are awesome cars. I want to get my wife a Subaru Outback sometime next year. After we get done paying for Disbey lol

These two are part of my "140mph on the Autobahn" tracklist:

(The build-up takes a while, but wait for the drop - it's awesome!)

But then again, I don't know how you'd be able to listen to those two songs without putting the pedal to the metal.
Maybe some glitch hop instead:

You will most likely not be able to hear most of this on your pc speakers, but I recommend it and use it to christen every new sound playing device I get. Enjoy feeling super ghetto.

This song has been on many studies showing that it is the song most likely to get you a speeding ticket.

Those are great cars...its what I would have if I had wanted a car instead of a Jeep. That being said...you need more drum n bass. Logistics, Netsky, London Elektricity....to name a few.

Also its not Gothic metal but I tend to love metal bands with leading ladies. Something about going from screaming to beautiful singing is awesome. Check out In This Moment. Not to haply with their newest album but check out their older albums. Also your list could use some Glitch Hop

Logistics made the list, and I'm really looking forward to listening through the rest.

If you want epic, you just could fill the entire four hours with one Wagner opera.

We'll listen to that during the 4-hour drive there :p

Rock:
The Yardbirds, The Kinks, The Who, The Zombies and The Animals are all great Classic Rock bands. The list above is a list of my all time favorite songs :)

So many of my favorites were on your list, it's creepy.

If you add some Dream Theater make sure you don't go overboard or you might accidentally have it fill up half your drive.

As for the first song...I'm not actually 'recommending' this, but it would be quite fitting:

Truth! Dream Theater can also put me to sleep sometimes because of how melodic and calming it is. Best used in very small doses for long distance driving.

Can never go wrong with Imagine Dragons. :) Subarus are awesome cars. I want to get my wife a Subaru Outback sometime next year. After we get done paying for Disbey lol

There's a version of Radioactive with a higher tempo and a female vocalist that goes fantastically with superbike race footage.

These two are part of my "140mph on the Autobahn" tracklist:

(The build-up takes a while, but wait for the drop - it's awesome!)

But then again, I don't know how you'd be able to listen to those two songs without putting the pedal to the metal.

Maybe some glitch hop instead:

YES. I'm having trouble getting Subsonik to load onto my player, though (damn Zune software).

Top Bottom