What's new

GW2 Burning/DoTs/Bleeds

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Did anyone get to experience any bleeding/burning/condtional DoTs over the beta weekend? I found myself victim a couple times when I was done kicking someones ass all of a sudden I realized... shit I don't have a heal on cooldown, and FUCK I AM BLEEDING... and bam dead.

This happened more on my Mes as there was no secondary heal, my Guardian has the F2 key as an additional heal.

Anyway was curious what you guys used and if you liked it? What profession etc.

I did experience it, but there are a ton of skills with bleeds/burns/poisons/corruptions. For the most part I didn't die to them. This is mainly due to my build though. I setup myself with the pistol/shield and mostly a defensive build. I have medkit for my heals which gives me the ability to bandage myself and drop 3 medpacks on the ground and a bottle that removes conditions and another that buffs people with fury/swiftness I think. On top of that I use Elixir C in my build which removes one condition from allies in a small AoE and converts it to a random boon, but I can also drink it to remove ALL conditions from MYSELF and turn them into random boons. Another thing to keep in mind is that on top of say drinking my elixir or self bandaging i can also throw the elixir and stand in it and get the same effect you would if i hit you. I can also run over my own medpacks. So with some clever micromanagement I can literally give myself one big heal, 3 small, swiftness/fury, and condition removal just from my medkit. You add the Elixir C and I can remove ALL conditions and convert them to buffs and convert one more into a random buff. This is if I use all this stuff on myself. So yeah didn't find it to be too much of a huge problem unless i got focused in PvP. The downside to this though is its not a very high dps build. There are few builds that engineers have to put out a decent amount of DPS, one using the rifle which is completely lackluster in its skills and dps. Sorry for the huge wall of text.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#e;afkfp;aaaeaacUabaadfZ;bYaa;YgYRZ

This is how we spent like 10+ minutes dueling with no end, because we are both to some extent support/defensive. So while we both put out some damage(your build more than mine), we were both able to recover from it(me with heals/support abilities, and you with heals if im not mistaken). Idk what kind of build/weaps you were using but this was the build I was using. The only difference from the build above is i think i substituted my goggles or elixir C for rocket jump. I can't remember.

next BWE im going to try a Guardian Condition damage build based around burning it seems like the way to go for damage since guardians have so much survivability at the moment you might be able to outlast if you keep burning on your target and manage defensive cool downs.

Poison seems like it will be really handy for taking down heal heavy specs since it has a (if im remembering correctly) 33% reduction to healing + a Damage over Time while its applied and it lasts a really long time so even after you've finished off your opponent if your low and don't have condition removal you are at serious risk of dieing after the battle as i found out a few times.

Bleed seems really good as well if you can get enough stacks on people the DoT ramps up really fast.

next BWE im going to try a Guardian Condition damage build based around burning it seems like the way to go for damage since guardians have so much survivability at the moment you might be able to outlast if you keep burning on your target and manage defensive cool downs.

Poison seems like it will be really handy for taking down heal heavy specs since it has a (if im remembering correctly) 33% reduction to healing + a Damage over Time while its applied and it lasts a really long time so even after you've finished off your opponent if your low and don't have condition removal you are at serious risk of dieing after the battle as i found out a few times.

Bleed seems really good as well if you can get enough stacks on people the DoT ramps up really fast.

I will be interested in dueling with you to try the opposite. A build based on taking your conditions and boons and reversing them. :) Should be cool to see that work!

Top Bottom