What's new

But, He did it too!

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
Someone else doing the same wrong thing as you does not make it OK for you to be doing the wrong thing. Also just because others are doing a wrong thing does not absolve you from responsibility for doing a wrong thing.

In other words: if someone else steals stuff it doesn't make it OK for you to steal. Or make it any less illegal.

Shortest rant ever.

Well, you've got your 'morally' (opinionated) wrong, inherently wrong (CP, Nickleback, etc) and humanely wrong.

*edit for Baldo, I forgot 'lawfully' wrong haha

> just because others are doing a wrong thing does not absolve you from responsibility
this seems to be what most people hide behind, its the whole mob mentality

The governing body.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

The catalyst for this rant was a guy not wearing steel toe shoes when the workplace rules say you must. Instead of accepting he was wrong he said what about the other guy? I said the other guy has nothing to do with your lack of steel toe shoes.

whatever rules govern the situation is what determines wrongness. More people being the same wrong as you doesn't magically make every one right.

This is more about people thinking its not fair that someone else got away with something instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.

Sorry for derailing the conversation (I'll refrain from replying to Baldo's last post, because it would only make things worse!).

Were there any consequences for the guy who was not wearing steel toe shoes?

Sorry for derailing the conversation (I'll refrain from replying to Baldo's last post, because it would only make things worse!).

LOL, I won't!
@Baldo: What if you do not believe in God? Who makes the rules then? :)

As for me, I do try to abide by the rules set in place at work, or by the law, etc. Morality is personally subjective. Just talk to any sociopath or serial killer, and many will tell you it was not against their morality to perform the heinous acts they did. And why are they heinous? Well, they are heinous to me because of my own moral code.

I agree that you shouldn't be a sheep. You shouldn't just follow others or use others as an excuse to do something you know you should not be doing.

The governing body.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
I could be wrong, given my Canuck-ness, but isn't the Bill of Rights (1 of the oldest US political documents) completely about the separation of church and state? Pretty sure that's the whole basis of the First Amendment isn't it? Been a loooong time since I studied the politics of you Yankees, but I thought that's pretty accurate.

I could be wrong, given my Canuck-ness, but isn't the Bill of Rights (1 of the oldest US political documents) completely about the separation of church and state? Pretty sure that's the whole basis of the First Amendment isn't it? Been a loooong time since I studied the politics of you Yankees, but I thought that's pretty accurate.

Canadians know our rules better than we do. Seriously. You guys are taught about America in more detail than I ever realized until I married a Canadian and was put to shame by his knowledge of my own country. On the flip side, we are taught very little about Canada. At least when I went to school in the Paleolithic Era. It was pretty much, "Canada is full of eskimos, lumberjacks, snow and maple syrup. Oh, and the Queen of England rules their asses." *grin*

Legitimate authority (at least in North America, Western Europe, and Australia) derives from the consent of the governed. That's why the US Constitution bears no mention of a god. What Baldoraxx is describing is monarchy by divine right, which we don't have anymore.

Darnit... now I want to continue derailing this thread because everyone else is doing it too!

My fault, sorry

SouthParkMothersAgainstCanada.jpg

Darnit... now I want to continue derailing this thread because everyone else is doing it too!
go for it. I just wanted to clarify my post. Oh and nothing happened to the guy, he was just told to get the right shoes soon lol. He was still wrong and I was still right though.

Canadians know our rules better than we do. Seriously. You guys are taught about America in more detail than I ever realized until I married a Canadian and was put to shame by his knowledge of my own country.

Its because Canadians are SPYS.

Jia, i had a feeling that would kinda put a little kink in the thread but that is my personal belief.

Kismet, If you don't believe in god i would love to help you understand him more and his love. I think Kel would also be willing to help anyone get a relationship with God again.

I will say that if this is your belief to believe in no God then that is your personal belief and i will respect that.

Drac, Even though there is a division between Church and State, just re-read the biblical statement.

They can divide them but they are still my governing power and as such put in place by God.[DOUBLEPOST=1364405118,1364404914][/DOUBLEPOST]
Legitimate authority (at least in North America, Western Europe, and Australia) derives from the consent of the governed. That's why the US Constitution bears no mention of a god. What Baldoraxx is describing is monarchy by divine right, which we don't have anymore.

Red, the US Constitution doesn't have to say it. Just look back to the Romans and the Pharaohs. If it wasn't for the Romans, Jesus wouldn't have come and died on the cross and wash away our sins.

Its because Canadians are SPYS.

Jia, i had a feeling that would kinda put a little kink in the thread but that is my personal belief.

Kismet, If you don't believe in god i would love to help you understand him more and his love. I think Kel would also be willing to help anyone get a relationship with God again.

I will say that if this is your belief to believe in no God then that is your personal belief and i will respect that.

This would certainly be worth a new thread, Baldo.

On a side note, when you wrote "The authorities that exist have been established by God" I couldn't help but think: SPY! ;)

Top Bottom