What's new

Child of Light

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
child-of-light-listing-thumb-02-ps3-us-11sep14
Child of Light is a side scrolling indie game with advanced turn based combat and I like it. Wait, say again. Baldo...likes... an indie game? You heard correctly, Baldo likes an indie game and is recommending it. I never liked indie games because they always feel like I step backwards in the game industry. Don't get me wrong, I still don't fully like all indie games but I must say this game takes the cake for me.

After playing this game for a few hours I have come to realize that this game brings back memories of past games I loved. The turned based combat is something I wish came back to the Final Fantasy series because that is what I liked about those games.

The gameplay is fun because you have to control the child with one thumb stick and her firefly with the other stick. It makes playing a bit more challenging.

Artistically, the game is a little lack of luster but really flows well with the side scrolling. One of the first things I noticed about the game was that they talked in rhymes!!! It is tastefully done and keeps the story going.

I haven't beaten it yet but I plan to put in some crunchtime hours to get to the end. (Streaming of course) For those interested in picking this game up, hopefully you downloaded it when it was free for Gold in April (Always a good idea to download them even if you don't play them)

It's not an indie game. It was made by Ubisoft. By definition, that makes it not indie. It is, however, fantastic. I highly recommend Child of Light.

Top Bottom