What's new

D&D Online Alignment Test

Milleuda

Mother Hen
4132368_f520.jpg

I was watching a stream today and the casters were talking through the Dungeons & Dragons Online Alignment Test. You know how much I love quizzes that give insight to personality, and I figured this would be a fun one for us gamers.

So, here is the link to the online quiz. It is 36 questions long and took me about 10 minutes to complete.

Be sure to copy/paste your quiz results!

***​
Your character has a unique view of the world, of right and wrong, of fairness and natural rights. This alignment test, taken from the Alignment chapter of the Hero Builder's Guidebook, helps you figure out how your character will relate to various moral and ethical choices in the game.

Take this short quiz "in character," answering the questions as your PC would. The results of the test will suggest an alignment for your character. Click on only one answer for each question.

Before you begin, keep in mind these caveats

You'll undoubtedly want more information about the question, and more options than the answers presented to you. Just do the best you can, and skip a question completely if you're totally stuck.

Note that some questions are interested in correlations to behavior, not the behavior itself. For example, lawful people tend to work at secure jobs -- this doesn't mean that working a steady job makes you lawful.

Remember that certain character classes have codes of conduct that fall beyond the dictates of alignment. Paladins, for example, aren't just supposed to be lawful and good. They are expected to act humble, pious, and chivalric as well.

This quiz assumes a typical D&D setting, which is a mix of fantasy elements, medieval ideas, and epic myth seen through modern eyes. If your setting is vastly different (or your fellow players are), you may get very different answers to this quiz.

What Alignment Means

Alignment is central to a D&D character's personality. D&D uses two measures to determine a specific character's ethical and moral attitudes and behavior.

The moral axis has three positions: good, neutral and evil. Good characters generally care about the welfare of others. Neutral people generally care about their own welfare. Evil people generally seek to harm the others' welfare.

The ethical axis has three positions as well: lawful, neutral, and chaotic. Lawful people generally follow the social rules as they understand them. Neutral people follow those rules find convenient or obviously necessary. And chaotic people seek to upset the social order and either institute change, or simply create anarchy.

Source: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

Pretty much sums me up. I'm a selfish, sassy person.

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.
--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Neutral Good
A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

Ha! I was pretty sure I'd get either lawful or chaotic with some of my answers... tee hee.

This makes me want to run a D&D campaign (or any other RPG campaign really)...has anyone done that on via these forums yet?

I would absolutely be down to play or if you guys want to try something different I've GMed Shadow Run, Dresden Files (Fate Dice), and some others. I <3 story telling so I'd be game for whatever.

Oh...my...gosh...I am a HUGE steampunk fan. I'll read up on this tomorrow and see what it's about but anything steampunk is usually a-ok in my book :)

Every time

Chaotic Neutral
A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

Hmm "Do you donate time and money to improve the local community?"
I don´t really care about my local community, but the larger community (ergo people from my country, or even people of the world). Oh well. Here is my result:

Chaotic Good
A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he’s kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit.

Ruxandra I'm currently running a D&D 5e campaign with 3 other dudes. We've tossed around the idea of a 4th player a few times, but we're having scheduling issues right now. When we get up and running and the schedules coincide, we might have a spot open. Depends on the rest of the group.

Ruxandra I'm currently running a D&D 5e campaign with 3 other dudes. We've tossed around the idea of a 4th player a few times, but we're having scheduling issues right now. When we get up and running and the schedules coincide, we might have a spot open. Depends on the rest of the group.

Ok keep me posted. Would love to try and get in on that. If it looks like a possibility I'll see about getting the 5e book ^_^

Ok keep me posted. Would love to try and get in on that. If it looks like a possibility I'll see about getting the 5e book ^_^

Amazon frequently has them priced between $23-27 with Prime. 1st edition had some faulty glue work however so the binding can be iffy. I have the PHB, MM and DMG and the DMG is a slightly loose binding (not enough for me to get a replacement, but still cracks every time I open it).

Amazon frequently has them priced between $23-27 with Prime. 1st edition had some faulty glue work however so the binding can be iffy. I have the PHB, MM and DMG and the DMG is a slightly loose binding (not enough for me to get a replacement, but still cracks every time I open it).

Ok cool. I have Prime so I should be just fine then ^_^

Your Character’s Alignment
Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.
--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Why does this say "she" :p

Top Bottom