What's new

Wildstar Did you hear that?

Cheese

Probably not, because Carbine doesn't use Sprint.

However Drop 4 just ... um, Dropped!
Proto Games, Vet Shiphands, and plenty more. However PvP is just as sucky as always.
Still, lots of new things to try. Get in while the wave is still moving.

In "a future patch" before drop 5, they will be taking off the rating requirements for 1800 gear in an attempt to balance pvp. (Lol) start saving your pvp bags now peoples.

Making it even more difficult for new players to enjoy PvP is a fantastic solution Jones.
Even better than your Rock, paper, Jedi solution.
This kids got CEO written all over him!

It wont be horrible. You'll be able to buy the "blue" quality gear with gold so you'll at least have a bit of pvp stat before going in to get ass blasted.

Yeah it is "better" that the current system because yo no longer have to win trade or buy a carry.
Still, new players will face crushing defeats from all sides instead of just one now.

I could really care less, PvP is just the way it is.
They've gone full WoW in their PvP implementation and its likely going to be like that forever now.
Luckily the rest of the game rocks, hopefully just hard enough to smash PvP scissors and keep the game alive.

The possibility exists that when, or rather if, an expansion comes a major overhaul can be done.
By then they should have found someone who understand telegraph PvP cant be managed like tab-target

Yeah. They're definitely in a rough spot. A lot of the pvpers dont want to give up the game because the concept of the pvp is so FUN! It takes a lot of skill, even as a faceroll class! The problem is that they shit the bed with pvp gear. They can't admit they're wrong about it, and are looking for a way to fix it. Open world pvp is dead in wildstar, absolutely. Theyre not even trying to fix it at this point. They also wont be able to make pvp easy for new players to enter either. They just think the solution will be to placate the current playerbase while they try to buy time to think up something thats not gonna come. Ive accepted that. They say they will make it better in drop 5. They may or may not. I just hope for their sake they can keep it together over the next ~6 months or so until they can make it happen.

To be honest the best thing they could do, although a few people would de-subscribe now, is to openly admit PvP is jerked more than carribian chicken.
Just say:

"PvP is really messed up. The people who were in charge had the wrong idea about how to manage the system and the rewards in this action combat enviroment.
We've decided to remove all requirements, other than currency, for all PvP gear until we can come up with a proper solution. That being said we really don't know when that solution will be. Our teams are working on and trying many different systems to replace what we have now. Rather than jerk you along with false promises, we have decided to openly admit we have no timetable as to when we will "fix" PvP.
We are devoting our time and resources to overhauling the system instead of patching with "fixes" that do little but disappoint players.
So PvP is our primary concern, but players wont see much of what we are doing except on the PTR as we find out how to manage PvP in such a unique and exciting action combat environment.

Thank you for all your support and we'll keep you updated.
But, no more false promises."

Tada, a few people de-sub but people get excited.
Instead of the desperation attrition most of the lost subs and I bet a whole lot of other people will re-sub any time they announce a PTR PvP test for a new system
Essentially roll the PvP system back into beta, but run it like an early alpha.
People re-sub and get access to the PTR to give live feedback on how the systems are fleshing out.

Game gets income, people see changes, content gets fixed. No more angry people quitting over false promises.

If only I didn't think for myself I could be a CEO too...

Did you listen to the pvp townhall? That's essentially what they said, but they do have certain fixes like full merc warplots and same faction bgs down the pipeline for drop 5... Date tbd.

Kick ass!
No I didn't see the town-hall, I was signed up to participate, but never got any messages about where or when through the system
I guess I wasn't one of the chosen few.

I had so many questions... /tear

It was uh.. 3pm pst.... Yesterday? I think. Ill look for a YouTube of it.

Top Bottom