What's new

[DISCONTINUED FOR THE TIME BEING] Slack Chat - Chatbox Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Slack Chat our New TAB Chat Room!
apps-banner.png
STEP ONE:
Click there to invite yourself!
STEP 2 OR RETURNING USERS:
OPTIONAL: Download Windows/Mac/iOS/Android/WindowsPhone Client:
This chat rules. Plain and simple.​
It has a mobile app and runs amazingly smooth. We are moving over to this permanently over the Shout Box.​
FEATURES
4aP8G86.png

EDIT: apparently I can't read. In bright pink it says PM your email. Sorry for being dumb lol

Maybe I'm being really dumb... but when I click the link it says "You're already here! It looks like you've already accepted the invitation we sent to (an email that isn't mine). Now is the time to sign in."

And then it brings me to a sign-in screen. Do I need to create a Slack account first and then somehow have it associated? At the bottom it says: "To start using Slack, you'll need to be invited by your team administrator.
Trying to create a team? Sign up on the home page to get started."

Am I making this more complicated than it's supposed to be?

Assuming this will integrate nicely into the current webpage I think it can be an improvement. I like the options the new site provides in terms of file sharing and collaboration. Is it going to allow chat colors?

Is it going to allow chat colors?

The answer we all seek!

That said too, we'll have to be a little careful on the file sharing portion, both with questionably legal documents (y'know, rom sharing and such) and spammers (malware/virus). So use your best judgement if it's from an unknown source! But assuming since there is a sign-up feature, we should be able to limit spam.

Assuming this will integrate nicely into the current webpage I think it can be an improvement. I like the options the new site provides in terms of file sharing and collaboration. Is it going to allow chat colors?

Yes we will bring back chat colors :) maybe if it supports it. Otherwise premium members will get another perk.

Rules on Emojis:
Everyone can create them.
Don't be an idiot.
That is pretty straight forward.[DOUBLEPOST=1436535351,1436535302][/DOUBLEPOST]The NSFW channel is for things like boobs or penis, not 2 girls one cup. If things get posted there that are rancid and eye gouging it will be removed.[DOUBLEPOST=1436535566][/DOUBLEPOST]There are a lot of NEW FEATURES.

Don't spam the main chat room join #testingfeatures chat room to play![DOUBLEPOST=1436535813][/DOUBLEPOST]yes you can have a dark theme:

https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/slack

3uMWJw9.png

This is going to be single sign on, right? We won't have to log into alttabme and slack?

Incorrect, you need to login to both.
The benefit here is that is allows for an incredible amount of bandwidth at no extra cost to TAB.
The downside is you must login one time.

Me too, I'm not an adopter of the this service owns your soul "smart" phone generation...
Oh well, grandpa must learn to program the clock on the VCR...
-brucecry-

You won't even install steam because you think it will kill your first born. You have no say :)

Not doing it. I don't want another app on my phone that wants to try to run in the background when I'm not looking

If you joined the chat I have added you to the alttabme calendar. Feel free to enter your birthday so chat will remind everyone you are old.

Way to do so: "Name's Birthday"

Simple as that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom