What's new

Discord won't keep me logged in

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
On the site/forum page every time I refresh the page or open a new page with discord on the page I am logged out. The chat used to stay open between sessions and even after I turned off my laptop and restarted. I can save my name/password so I only have to press the log in button and close the popup, but its annoying to have to do that every time I want to leave the page and come back or refresh.

I am running windows 8 and firefox 43.0.1

And while checking the firefox version it updated me to 43.0.2 and now I can't see the discord box at all. the page is just black inside the box where discord goes.

KSFkEws.jpg

I just tried it in chrome and it works fine. I refuse to use chrome though because firefox is love, firefox is life.

Also I just restarted my whole laptop and the blank screen issue is still there.

also, if I click the blue join altabme in discord thing at the bottom of that box, it does bring up the standalone discord chat that works. I just cant get it to work in browser.

Have you tried enabling iframes
Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies (that is probably the problem)
I tried it on the newest version of firefox, works fine. This is a user error most likely dealing with the two above. <3 you. Let me know if those work.

If not disable all addons.

dont know how to do iframes.

I manually cleared every cookie that has alttabme or discord in it somewhere.

I cleared cache and it let the screen come back but I still have to log on every time I refresh or close and then open the page.

Discord still won't stay logged in when I refresh or close the page.

I cleared cache and it let the screen come back but I still have to log on every time I refresh or close and then open the page.

Well glad it is back and glad you didn't try the bug sticky thread items first before posting lol.

Like I said however, there is an issue with your firefox not discord. This is an iframe directly to discord not to anything else. I have 0 control over what shows up in there. So if your firefox hates it, don't refresh lol. :)

Did you ever get this working? Discord used to work fine for me on Firefox but suddenly stopped.

I can still click on the link to open it up on its own tab in Firefox (which is my new workaround).

View attachment 819

Nope, I never got it to keep me logged in.

A few days ago I got that screen you showed and its still there now. I just log in to the actual discord app on my laptop and let that run in the background and bring it up when I want to look at people chatting or participate.

Firefox 43.0.xxx has broken a few other addons for me too. Addon signing is becoming a major thing for firefox and I have a few that are not paid so getting them to jump through firefoxes hoops is not feasable. The worst is youtube center broke and I had to do a whole new thing to customize my youtube.

THE SSL is something the guy who is hosting for us is fixing. He is super kind to have set this up for us. So give it some time he know's it is happening. As for the firefox vs chrome thing, I honestly have no answer as these are completely out of my hands before the API goes live for Discord. :(

its all good for me. I actually like having the app running in my task bar so I can pull it up whenever without being on the site.

However, it may be a good idea for the time being to make a nice big box that hotlinks to opening the app so people can connect real easy.

Top Bottom