What's new

New Feature Do you all remember Arcade Games for Forums?

Arcade games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
PgGUKyx.jpg

Read UPDATE BELOW, this has been moved from feedback, suggestions, to a NEW FEATURE.

Remember back when forums were really popular and you could install flash games on them and you play them single player and can challenge others for high scores, brackets, etc. Games like Throw the penguin, golf, etc.

If I installed something like this would you be interested?

it is SUPER OLD SCHOOL and I would want to make sure there was interest.

Honestly I feel like it might be fun for about a week and then people will get bored of it. Since we have played every flash game possible when we were 12, but figured I would poll.

Example of a forum running them:

http://www.generalchatter.co.uk/arcade/

UPDATE:
We now have an arcade with the following features:

• Leader boards for every game
  • Notifications when your highscore has been topped via private message to you and your opponent.
  • Game of the Month
  • an achievement for Game of the Month to be held every month with a select game.

Feel free to pick games you want to see installed from the list:
L8rBOAB.png

Don't see it here, get me the .tar file and I will install it!

Last edited:
I would probably check it out then let it die a few weeks later. I would bet most would do the same.

If we had a weekly high score table with a rotating game, and with something like a leaderboard on the side of the site, people would at least come check it out I think even after the first week or two. At least I would. Because rankings.

It just drives people away from the chat and forums, because they rather play the flashgames. I vote no.

It just drives people away from the chat and forums, because they rather play the flashgames. I vote no.

Fiiiine.

I'm still intrigued on maybe doing some forum flash game high score events though for shits and giggles, but we don't need to host any here.

Edit: if there is interest I could create something for tracking purposes via a google doc. Keep that on a front post and create a flash game schedule. We can then track scores and winners.

Last edited:
I´m all for doing this occasionally. But not as a permanent thingy.

Yeah. Not worth implementing games on the site for by any means, but could give us all something mindless to play for a couple hours to get some high scores.

See I feel like it might get people on the site more, but that is just me. I have some other ideas as well, but that is TOP SECRET!

For shits and giggles I installed the arcade. I will add more games if people like it.

dfgtANt.jpg

Tell me which to install. I had these all from the old Popelimited site I ran which was essentially just AltTabMe in the 90's

There's a game called Ass Hunter in that list. And filluptheboy... and sperminator. And ho' slappin!

I'd be game for some Snake or Duck Hunt. If any of the above snuck into the rotation, I'd still play.

There's a game called Ass Hunter in that list. And filluptheboy... and sperminator. And ho' slappin!

I'd be game for some Snake or Duck Hunt. If any of the above snuck into the rotation, I'd still play.

Asshunter made it cause it is just funny and brings me back to the days I played it, duck hunt and snake are already in :)

I changed my vote to yes cause I have been enjoying and hating the arcade all at once. I think an achievement for the game of the month winner is in order too!

A little incentive!

Top Bottom