What's new

Dying Light Anyone?

Exittus

Fairy Princess
Hey all!!

I've been looking into Dying Light since it came out, and Typhor and I are pretty interested in playing.

Was wondering if anyone else was playing? It has an up to 4 player co-op, so we are hoping to be able to get a group of us online to play sometime.

Anyone out there have it or thinking of getting it?

What is it?

Dying light is an open world, parkour-style zombie game. Think mirror's edge...but like pretty much everything is open game to run and jump on. There is a story, but there's also just a lot to explore/scavenge. From what I understand, it has a similar feel to state of decay in that you have to gather supplies, build a safe house, etc.

It has up to 4 person coop, too. Which is awesome.

AHh ok I think I will pass Parkour zombie games don't exactly scream for me haha. Plus I can only handle one zombie game at a time!

It is a really good game. I like the dynamic effect that time is a factor here. You can't continue exploring without thinking about time and your closest safe house. I won't go into detail because of spoilers but lets just say night time is SCARY. I jumped a few times.....
Yeah, i am playing on Xbox One. It's probably going to be my gaming console for most everything nowadays.

No, unfortunately we are PC/PS4 players in this household. Haha

Well, doesn't look like there's a lot of interest, but if anyone picks it up for the PC, Typhor and I are down!

If I did end up snagging it, it would likely be for ps4, but I watched a few streams and wasn't really all too drawn in by it.

Just saw Baldoraxx streaming. Great looking game. And the crafting seems like a nice touch.

Yeah it definitely looks beautiful, and is interesting enough to catch my eye too.

Just looking to play with other people, since Ty and I ALWAYS play games together, it'll be fun to have a group of more than just us.

Yeah, i'd love to play with you two but i am on console :( Maybe you can play on PC, watch my stream and we can pretend we are in the same game :)

Like Topic said, the game is beautiful. I think i stopped during my streaming and just looked at how the wind hit the trees and grass.

The crafting is a nice touch on the game. I am still pretty early in the game like....4% into the main story so i haven't seen everything this system has to offer. Like so far i have a fishermans knife equipped with electricity, pretty snazy. Also a brick hammer equipped with a torch, hit them just right and they burst into flames. This is the game Dead Island could have been.

The controls are a little wonky on the console but easily overcome. I was switching between playing this and GTAV and kept getting my controls backwards. X was jump in GTA and the RB bumper button is the jump in Dying Light.

Oh I see. That sounds super cool though!
Wish we could play on PS4, but it doesn't support local coop and I'm not buying a second PS4 just so we can play games together in the same house. That's just dumb.

Glad you're enjoying it though! I may end up picking it up whenever it goes on sale.

I just got a "special" version for PC to try it out. It doesn't link to steam so I can't coop, however I don't see myself sticking with it for long. We'll see

and I broke down and picked it up on steam. Too bad I play in the middle of the night because of my job. It's pretty fun though.

Top Bottom