What's new

Wildstar EPGP Standings and Ruleset

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
[gview]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15aAJ1CZPaFW_qaItX2XehpmCOFuBOe9j3y0Negf6BfI/edit?usp=sharing[/gview]

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15aAJ1CZPaFW_qaItX2XehpmCOFuBOe9j3y0Negf6BfI/edit#gid=0

EPGP
1. Do stuff earn EP
2. Get gear and earn GP at the gear cost
3. Priority is based on ratio of EP divided by GP

EPGP is more like buying on credit but not really. You don't have to have the points to buy the gear, but the points you earn and the points you spend on gear moves you up and down the priority list. The more you participate the faster you move to the front of the line. The more gear you buy the faster you move to the back of the line.

We have an addon that will calculate all of this for us, and we will be able to export the information after every raid so everyone has full transparency on the EP/GP values.

How to Earn EP

First Raid - +50 EP
Being On Time - +5 EP (Being in raid, in instance come time for first pull).
Every Hour - +10 EP (From first pull to when raid is called, rounded to nearest half hour).

Mini Bosses - +5 EP
Boss Kills - +10 EP

On these kills,
x3 for First Kill
x2 For Kills 2-5
x1 For Farm Kills

How to Earn GP - Epics Values

First Raid - +50 GP (in order to make a starting 1.0 Ratio)
Weapons - +115 GP
Chest - +100 GP
Legs - +100 GP
Head - +100 GP
Shoulder - +85 GP
Boots - +85 GP
Hands - +85 GP
Everything Else - +70 GP

Blues will be 25% value (rounded up to closest value)
Legendaries will be 125% value (rounded up to closest value)

Main Spec Over Off Spec - Only those with Main Spec for the gear piece can opt for the loot. If no one needs the piece Main Spec, someone with an Off Spec that can use it can acquire the piece free of charge and will be won via a 1-100 roll system.

Priority is simply EP/GP - Highest goes first. Rolls will clarify who earns the piece if there is a tie (or one can be civil and let the other have, this would be preferred). After we have raided for a while and our members are getting gear, one who has entered their first raid must wait at least 4 raids before acquiring loot (unless it is handed to them because no one else wants it). This prevents someone from "sniping" the piece of gear dedicated raiders have been waiting for on bosses that are not on farm, which is a common complaint from many raiders. Consider it a right of passage for the newcomers!

15% Decay will be applied to ALL raiders EP and GP after every raid reset (IE, Tuesdays prior to raiding, or directly after our final scheduled for the week prior to reset), even if you were not present for said raids. This is to keep inflation down and to not let numbers get too heavily bloated.

At the end of the day, the point of raiding is to push ourselves to the limit and achieve goals that others can't. Yes, shiny loot is a by-product of raiding, but if there is EVER drama over loot, be the bigger person and talk about it rationally. Let officers know if you feel cheated. We will address any and all concerns, but do not use raid time to discuss this. We are using EP/GP purely to negate these complaints.

STANDBY - If you are not taken to a raid, you are welcome to be listed as standby and earn EP. You will earn EP based on the on-time bonus and the hourly bonus, but not for the Boss Kill credit. If you are on standby, that means you are in mumble in the raid channel and ready to go at a moments notice. If we ask for a standby check and you are not ready to fill, you will lose your standby EP (because how can we credit you for standby when you aren't ready?) This may not be as worthwhile as actually raiding, but does put you on higher priority than those who aren't on standby. This will become more useful as we recruit for our second raid group, as you will have a higher priority than the new people.

If there are any questions or concerns regarding the values, let an officer know.

If you need a numbed down explanation -

Raider A has 200 EP and 100 GP, his ratio is 2.0 (200/100)
Raider B has 200 EP and 150 GP, his ratio is 1,33 (200/150)
Raider C has 300 EP and 200 GP, his ratio is 1.5 (300/200)

Raider A has current priority, because even though Raider C has raided more, he has also earned more gear, where as in DKP they would be tied (200-100 = 300-200 = 100). This creates a more stretched out distribution across the board. Those who raid more will get more gear, this is a simple fact.

Disclaimer : Some numbers may not work perfectly, but it's hard to judge until we get in there and see how we do. We reserve the right to adjust numbers as needed, HOWEVER, these changes will always be 100% transparent and notified well ahead of time before implementation. No changes will ever be a "surprise" on raid night.

Now that this system has been laid out ... I LOVE IT. My only worry was people wouldn't get gear evenly but this looks great.

Now that this system has been laid out ... I LOVE IT. My only worry was people wouldn't get gear evenly but this looks great.

I'm glad people are coming around to this. When I tried to explain it a couple months ago, I had people complain and bitch and moan and how everything else is better.... That said, those people aren't raiding, so I guess I was stressing about it more than I should have haha

I think you said it best when you said the point of raiding is pushing yourself (and your class) to the limit. Of course, nice gear helps with that and certainly is always something to strive for. But at the end of the day if you are a good player the gear isn't as necessary as people make it out to be.

Plus, RNGesus looks down more favorably on those that are pious. I must be going to hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I understand I was worried about this EPGP system always been a need or greed kind of guy, but after it was laid out makes a lot more sense to help gear everybody without anybody having to being nice and pass on gear. So now we can just let the math do the work and no more worrying.

Well I understand I was worried about this EPGP system always been a need or greed kind of guy, but after it was laid out makes a lot more sense to help gear everybody without anybody having to being nice and pass on gear. So now we can just let the math do the work and no more worrying.

Exactly.

That said, I will be running this via spreedsheet (google docs) and not via addon, because fuck that addon. Guppix can run the addon if he wishes, I just don't care for the interface.

It will be a clearer log and will be more easily accessibly IMO for viewing, and should clearly show priority ratios. I'll be setting it up tonight prior to raid.

This looks awesome, nicely laid out also, clear and obvious (especially to us people who aint so good at maths) Thanks Gyoin! One question just cause im completely new to this kinda stuff, are these numbers automated by this program, or will you be keeping track of peoples hours/gear they get etc etc and calculate the numbers yourself?

Edit: Just read this again, I totally dont mean anything by the question, purely me just wondering. I totally trust you if you calculate the numbers urself! <3

This looks awesome, nicely laid out also, clear and obvious (especially to us people who aint so good at maths) Thanks Gyoin! One question just cause im completely new to this kinda stuff, are these numbers automated by this program, or will you be keeping track of peoples hours/gear they get etc etc and calculate the numbers yourself?

The addon does have value adjustments, tiers, and weights for item pieces. There is also a stopwatch feature and gives EP based on the amount of time in a raid, and tons of other fun trinkets and such. That said, I'm opting out of the addon because I just think I'll be able to manually build in excel that works to cover said things and will be less open for calculation errors (or, at least, if there are errors it will be more easily fixed). Little bit of pen/paper and then some automated formulas in excel will make it just as easy!

So yes and yes to your questions, as I'm going to ask Guppix to use the addon as a backup to my process.

Awesome! That clears everything up, great idea having the fallback plan as well just in cases

Thanks Gyoin, again top notch job working all this out!

Though I plan to benchwarm and weekend raid, I've used EPGP in the past and I love the system. I know it's already been implemented, but nonetheless it gets my vote.

I believe he did. I guilted him into staying up past his bedtime and taking a nap to be raid ready tonight

Did he not last night?!?!?!
Haha did he? I dunno, I thought he was a boss or two short. If you did finish, Panda, my sincerest apologies and I'm excited to see you at raid tonight!!![DOUBLEPOST=1409861733,1409861701][/DOUBLEPOST]
I believe he did. I guilted him into staying up past his bedtime and taking a nap to be raid ready tonight

Well done right there!

Updated main post with a link to current EPGP. I can't seem to get the embed version working correctly though (little help tr1age ? >_>)

Updated as of Sept.7 @ 2AM PST. If you notice anything wrong, please let Gyoin or I know. Catching a flight in a few hours so I won't be on until later this evening, peace.

~Gupp

Top Bottom