What's new

EQN: Landmark Closed Beta Info

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
I made my home on Liberation: Pit. Due east of the portal on the ridge right before the desert.

for those of you who are getting into the closed beta here is a handy list of infos all in one place.

New Features

Claim Ratings
  • The first phase of Claim Ratings is now in game! Once a player has tagged their claim, you can visit them and give them a thumbs up. As more people upvote their claim, their Temperature Gauge will change from an icy blue to a fiery red. (Votes expire after seven days.)
  • As this is just the first phase of Claim Ratings, we have lots more to look forward soon, including, but not limited to:
    • Searching via ratings / tags / visitor count / recommendation count
    • Filtering via ratings / tags / visitor count / recommendation count on the Map
    • Sending Feedback / Tips to the owner of the Claim
Claim Upkeep / Foreclosure
  • Claims now require an upkeep cost.
  • You must deposit resources in your Upkeep Bank to pre-pay for upkeep. To fill (or refill) your Upkeep Bank, press “U” to open the Claim Management window, and click the “Upkeep Management” button.
  • Upkeep is due every 24 hours, but can be pre-paid for up to 5 days of real time. (tweet comment)
  • If your claim expires, it is automatically deleted. However, we'll template up your claim(s) for you, and email you all of the resources and props that were present in the claim when it was foreclosed on.
  • FOR NOW, the upkeep cost is 300 copper ore per claim - this will change in the future to use in-game currency.
Character Create
  • We've added new options to character create! Choose from a variety of faces, hairstyles, and facial hair for both male and female characters.
New Islands
  • We've generated a bunch of new islands for you explore and stake your claim on.
  • Previously almost all (48 of the 50) of the islands were either Tropical / Desert or Tundra / Old Growth Forest. No longer! Since we've also added new islands... how about a new Tier? Tier 4 is now available! You can now find Mithril and Diamond in Tier 4 continents.
    • We now have all available combinations available! Want a lush tropical jungle that blends in to an old forest? Maybe you'd like the cold mountainous tundra, that smoothes in to the rolling sand of a desert? You can choose!
Founder's Pack Chest
  • We've added a chest to the Spire that will automatically re-grant any Founder's pack items that you might have missed or accidentally deleted.
New Outfits
  • There are two new outfits that each come in 7 different color combinations that can be crafted at the Outfitter’s Table.
If you played Alpha, then the beginning steps after you enter the world have changed a bit. Just to avoid confusion, here's a few starting steps for you! (Also useful for you folks that are completely new to the game!)

IF YOU HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
* Mine some copper and craft a pair of Keen Eye Bands (discovery stat ftw!)
* Go find some iron and the other resources you need to make a claim flag.
* Make that flag at the BASIC FORGE at the Hub. (The hub no longer has a Stone Forge.)
* Go stake your claim.
* Then go back to the hub, make a Stone Forge, and take it back to your claim so that you can make Iron Ingots and such. (Basic Forge only smelts copper and tin.)
* Build an Alchemy Station, then an Iron Pick, then a Silver Axe.
* Up to you at this point, but pro tip...consider an Outfitter's Station so you get access to better Discovery accessories.

IF YOU DO *NOT* HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
* Start out by building a Copper Pick.
* Gather more copper and build a pair of Keen Eye Bands
* Build a Tin Axe (not strictly necessary, but nicer than the Stone Axe).
* Build a claim flag and plant your claim
* Refer to the post-claim steps in the list above!

ALSO! Be warned! You do NOT know the progression steps just because you played Alpha. You'll need to poke around and figure it out, just like you did at the start of Alpha. (Example, the next step after stone forge is NOT saw table.)

Enjoy!

Tutorial vids and lists
https://forums.station.sony.com/lan...vanced-building-techniques.26065/#post-306790

Island (Kind of like a server) names with biomes and what tier it is. Tier determines level of resources like copper is tier 1 and gold is like tier 3. I am kinda feeling like putting my claim on Crater so that once I level my stuff up I can build near top end resources.

34osrpc.jpg

I'm glad I put this on the backburner for a while, now I get to restart my excitement XD

Thanks for the information, that table takes the guess work out of where to go next for resources. My brother and I set up at Confidence-Lavatube on a mountain in the north east.

The server doesn't matter or the island for that matter. You can port to any from any at the portal stone. Only need to post your location so others can find your claim.

Uhmmm so we just go anywhere to start?[DOUBLEPOST=1395980677,1395980350][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm on server courage

Go to a tier 1 world and start mining the ores you see on the ground. Especially copper. you mine by clicking on your pick so its equipped then hold right click when your circle is on the thing you want to mine.

Basically follow the road map thing at the top of the post here.

As for servers and islands go to the portal thing and click the big thing in the middle and you can port to any server/island combo. Once you get to the point where you make a claim you should find a good spot to place it down then you can start building forges and crafting tables which lets you build better picks and axes which lets you mine/chop better stuff which lets you make better forges and crafting tables and so on and so on.

Once you get a claim and some crap in your inventory you can start playing with the building tools like the add and delete and heal tools. as you level up your forges and tables you can craft more tools that make it easier to build crazy things.

Check out this forum for some great vids and tutorials
https://forums.station.sony.com/lan...vanced-building-techniques.26065/#post-306790

In case anyone cares, I moved my claim to Adventure Bay. North and slightly east on top of the hill behind the 4 claim bathhouse.

Adventure bay is tier 1 or 2 so it makes it easy to mine for upkeep right outside your door. There is a nice valley just north of me and a bit west, but there is good area that is open all around the island.

For anyone playing my name is T1G ingame so you can send me a friend request. Teleport to friend is an awesome thing.

Top Bottom