What's new

Error message after posting a forum message

Jia

Bug description:
I get an error message when I try to post a message on this thread. Apparently my message is posted even with the error message (I had a double post after clicking the error message away and trying to submit the message again), though it doesn't appear on my screen until I refresh the page.

Operating System:
Windows 7

Browser:
Firefox 18.0.1

Error occurred at:
Within the last hour. So far it's happened the last two times I posted on the aforementioned thread.

Error message:

forum_error001_zps29a5227b.png

Just posted a message on that thread, this time without receiving an error!
Either it's an inconsistent bug, or Katie fixed it super fast! ^^

Haha, so now I sent a "like" her way and wanted to comment on her profile page for her quick reactions, and then I got this message:

forum_error002_zpse2239fae.png

No problem. After this week I'm starting to believe that I'm an error magnet, ^^

oh wtf. arghhh. I'll look into it as soon as I take care of giving out the beta keys.

Hey Jia, do you have Web Developer (Chrome, Firefox) installed? If not, as our officially titled AltTab Error Magnet, you should definitely install it. Then when you get an "is in the javascript console"-type error, right click anywhere on the page -> "Inspect Element" -> click the Console tab on the panel that pops up -> copy and paste the last JS error you see. In 99% of cases it'll let me know exactly what went wrong and where to fix it. :)

oh wtf. arghhh. I'll look into it as soon as I take care of giving out the beta keys.

Hey Jia, do you have Web Developer (Chrome, Firefox) installed? If not, as our officially titled AltTab Error Magnet, you should definitely install it. Then when you get an "is in the javascript console"-type error, right click anywhere on the page -> "Inspect Element" -> click the Console tab on the panel that pops up -> copy and paste the last JS error you see. In 99% of cases it'll let me know exactly what went wrong and where to fix it. :)

Alrighty, I've installed it and I'll follow your instructions the next time the website makes me feel special!

Top Bottom