What's new

Evolve

I thought it was closed alpha?

Thats what I thought too, but then I looked at my steam library and I was able to install and play it. If thats not the case, it might have something to do with curse voice? You are able to get a code from that.

Nice. Well I'm guessing we can't play cross
Platform. I'm fighting the kraken at the moment he's so over powered haha

I thought it was a closed alpha too. At least that's what it said on the e-mail I received with my codes. It looks like they are inviting anyone that requested access though.

I think they said something about delaying it due to the 2.0 ps4 update? Any confirmation

Confirmed, PS4 is delayed/cancelled.

And on Steam you may have instant access based on owning certain other games apparently.

I wish it would run better on my laptop. I think it's something to do with mobile video card drivers.

They sent me an email saying sorry and that if I refilled their survey in the email that I can get a confirmed code for Xbox one or pic of my choosing. So do that ps4 owners

Im heart broken this isnt working for ps4, been looking forward to it all weekend! :( Oh well, im gonna try download the pc version and hope i can get it in time and that my pc will be able to run it. Ill throw a message up in chat if it works and see if any of you guys are playing

Just saw a tweet saying they have extended all alpha games until Tuesday and that the ps4 should work now when trying to play

I played a good handful of games with friends and solo over the weekend. I liked the concept and how you have to work as a team when playing the hunters. I felt a little underwhelmed as the monster, but I also only played a single game and I couldn't get use to the clunkier controls for him.

Glad I tried the game though, probably won't purchase for full price.

I think its all a matter of opinion. From the games that I played on PC, the monster seemed to move much better than the Hunters. The Hunter's jetpack movement seemed a bit clunky while the monster seemed much more defined and could get around with relative ease, especially if you chained your abilities to help you move about. Overall its pretty fun, but I dont think I'd pay full price for the game. There just isnt enough variety to make it worth it imo.

I thought the tests this weekend was more for stressing the infrastructure. I played a few games with no issues whatsoever. I also played a few where I lagged to holy hell and could barely pull off jumping. Definitely felt like an Alpha test.

As far as the classes went I felt like things were pretty well balanced. Each of the 4 hunters brought something crucial to the party. When one went down you were at a severe disadvantage trying to track the monster.

The PS4 version was working for me for a little while, played 4 games 3 as the Monster and 1 as the Assault. Im absolutely loving the game, i didnt have any connection problems and felt the gameplay to be really smooth, yeah the monster felt a bit clunky but I felt it brought a realism side to it as im a huge beast. I absolutely dominated as the monster, went 3-0 killing all hunters twice and destroyed the reactor once. I think they did a great job with the monster, I actually felt like an unstoppable beast when i had upgraded to the 3rd tier, before that I was constantly in fear of being found especially while evolving. It was a great combo, of being in constant fear and then turning into this beast running into a trap i knew was there and then just destroying people.. I also loved the assault class, i thought i might give it a try on my 4th game just to see if the monster was OP. My team was on point and we caught the monster within 2minutes, after that it was easy we all just unloaded on him and killed him before the 3minute mark. It really seems like strategy is a core component of the game for both the hunters and the monster, having to find the monster quickly as the hunters and trap him before he can escape and evolve, and as the monster trying to sneak around, changing paths so tracks couldn't lead up to you and finding a nice secluded place to evolve.

TL;DR Im definitely picking this up at full price

Top Bottom