What's new

First Xbox One TV Spot

Simpwn

Praise the Sun!

Very interesting to see the route Microsoft is going with the media introduction of the Xbox One. I understand this is a commercial that is going to be aired during NFL broadcasts but they don't even MENTION that the thing will play games. It's been made crystal clear Microsoft has bigger plans for this thing outside of playing games, but you could at least show the guy with a controller in his hand.

Sony is going to win this generation on the mere fact that gamers will understand the PS4 is a gaming system.

I guess it makes sense to highlight this if it's a commercial during a NFL game, but I agree it's odd they don't even mention that it plays games..

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx HD via Tapatalk

I think microsoft is trying to win the "I want one of these in my living room wars" not the "this plays the best video games" war. While ps4 is potebtially a better gaming machine, a moderate pc still slays it playing games so pure gamers will still prefer a pc over ps4. However people who use a console casually and want it for the gaming ability plus all the media stuff it can handle will enjoy the xbox.

It could be microsoft felt they wouldn't win or didn't want a head to head war so are finding more ways to get their console into peoples living rooms. I know ill be picking one up

I won't be picking one up...

because I don't want one. :eek:

Still, marketing is marketing and I'm sure there actually are people who would want it for games secondarily. I dunno why, but whatever.

Top Bottom