What's new

Documentary For you Larpers out there.

But seriously. This is an awesome watch. I watched this with my buddies at work a while ago and we couldn't stop watching. It is like a magnificent train wreck, while also having redeeming qualities... kinda.

Eventually it becomes more of a character study behind a veneer of nerd. The scale of what they're doing is also pretty impressive.

This is something I could try yet I would rather see some sort of Stargate or some such Larp where you actually use airsoft or paintball for encounters or battles.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I haven't watched it yet, but my feeling is that LARPing is a bridge too far for me. I love acting and running around outside. I could see myself doing it once, but not on any kind of regular basis. I'd kill for a traditional D&D group nearby though.

Hey, as a person who LARPs, I can tell you that pretty much everyone who does it thinks it is too big of a stretch for them the first time. And then they realize they had a ton of fun, they exercised, and they've made a bunch of new friends and they keep coming back (most of us still tell our other friends that we've gone "camping" for the weekend, though I've gotten over that and found out almost nobody cares what you do in your free time). We have people who LARP who don't play video games or tabletop/pen & paper. One of our players is actually in the NFL. You get a wide variety.

I didn't bother to watch that movie because I think it's one I've seen before. If it's the one I'm thinking of, they managed to pick all the worst possible people to interview. :|

Yea i watched original video that was posted, but I had a lot more fun watching the 'American Psycho: Best of Patrick Bateman Quotes" that came up as a suggestion when the vid was over...

Top Bottom