What's new

Overwatch Free DLC for #Overwatch. I am all in!

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member

Blizzard Entertainment's upcoming multiplayer hero shooter game, will receive new heroes and maps at no cost to players.
Jeff Kaplan, the game's director, revealed the game's post-launch plans for added content in a developer update video addressing community concerns, which you can watch above.
"When we patch a new hero into the game, we want it to be free and not as DLC," he said.

game_overwatch_bg.0nVQq.0.0.jpg
Overwatch: How Blizzard turned its biggest failure into its next great hope

A timetable for when the free content will start to arrive has not been set in stone.
When we talked to Kaplan at BlizzCon 2015 last month, we asked him about the studio's plans forintroducing new playable heroes into the game. He told us then that the team hadn't yet settled on plans for new characters, but that the suggestion that players would have to purchase them "couldn't be further from the truth."
"It's not one of those things where we know exactly what we're going to do and we're waiting to spring it on you," Kaplan said then about bringing DLC and other post-launch content to Overwatch. "We're reading all the feedback right now and taking it into account."

As he mentions in the video, that feedback comes from the player response to Overwatch's closed beta, which began Oct. 27. The beta is still live, although it will take a holiday break starting this Thursday, Dec. 10.
The game launches on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One next spring.

This is a huge deal. This makes the box price worth it imo. You pay to play the game and the remaining items they'd charge you for will be purely cosmetic.

Ha, he mentioned 80% hook accuracy cards. I've gotten some of those high %'s before :)

Also, they made it an intentional feature to be aware of enemy team positions during kill cams, rather than an oversight.

Ha, he mentioned 80% hook accuracy cards. I've gotten some of those high %'s before :)

Also, they made it an intentional feature to be aware of enemy team positions during kill cams, rather than an oversight.

I knew you would like that part.

And I love killcam it is great to get the jump on them.

Top Bottom