What's new

Front Page - What DO YOU WANT to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Currently we are revamping the front page. The first iteration will include the following:
  • Featured News: These are in the slider and are usually something you want to stay up longer than a week.
  • Promoted Posts: This is usually a relevant post that is really cool that someone posts and we want to bring more attention to it.
  • Recent Reviews: This is used for product and gaming reviews written by members
  • Recent Activity: Shows the most recent posts organized by last reply.
  • Recent Rants: Shows the most recent rants
  • Recent Achievements: Shows the most recently unlocked Achievements
  • Popular Posts: This shows the most popular posts for the last 30 days.
We have room for another item for the first publish, we were thinking chat, but weren't sure if that is front page worthy or not.

So far this is what we got and we wanted to open it up to you guys/girls for suggestions as we move forward!

Let us know!

I would say keep the chat off the front page. It can be a little bit of a shit show sometimes.

I would say have a rotating list of all the achievements. Even if you see them with just the title like on the achievement page with no description cause you haven't gotten it yet, it will give people an "OH Yea!" I can go figure that one out. Or a "CRAP I still need that" reminder.

Or maybe something similar with the shop? and a small blurb about how to earn credits.

Streams might be good if you have a spot you can pop them. Maybe not since we don't always have one running though.

It would be kind of cool to do a member spotlight. After the AMA events we learned a lot of stuff about one another. Maybe we can even use part of the monthly podcast to do like a 10-15 minutes interview with the member spotlight of the month, along with a little write-up.

We all come from so many different backgrounds that it could be fun. Plus it gives newer members a chance to see the spotlight!

It would be kind of cool to do a member spotlight. After the AMA events we learned a lot of stuff about one another. Maybe we can even use part of the monthly podcast to do like a 10-15 minutes interview with the member spotlight of the month, along with a little write-up.

We all come from so many different backgrounds that it could be fun. Plus it gives newer members a chance to see the spotlight!

This is actually a pretty sweet idea.

i agree, chat would def not want to be the first thing someone new to the site should see....It can be daunting at times.

Agreed with streams. Streams are a good way to show we are active on the site and are actually playing games.
I wonder if at some point we would get to a "scheduled" time to stream... Something like
Crake 6 am - 8 am
Milleuda 8 am - 10 am
@ gyoin 11 am - 1 pm

Something like that on one AltTabMe Twitch/Youtube channel. I know we all have sporadic schedules and it wouldn't be viable right now but at some point in the future.

Sadly I don't stay on the front page, I jump straight into the "forums" where the chat is.

I think mostly for a front page would be to show that we are active and are a fully operated site.

i agree, chat would def not want to be the first thing someone new to the site should see....It can be daunting at times.

Agreed with streams. Streams are a good way to show we are active on the site and are actually playing games.
I wonder if at some point we would get to a "scheduled" time to stream... Something like
Crake 6 am - 8 am
Milleuda 8 am - 10 am
@ gyoin 11 am - 1 pm

Something like that on one AltTabMe Twitch/Youtube channel. I know we all have sporadic schedules and it wouldn't be viable right now but at some point in the future.

Sadly I don't stay on the front page, I jump straight into the "forums" where the chat is.

I think mostly for a front page would be to show that we are active and are a fully operated site.
Already a no to streams. Impossible to keep it active and it really isn't a huge focus for us as it is a bonus. Chat will probably be on the front page it shows activity and is inviting.

I think we are good now on this. Gonna lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom