What's new

SPOILERS Game of Thrones season 4 discussion thread.

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
THIS THREAD WILL BE SPOILER HEAVY. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LATEST EPISODE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

DO NOT DISCUSS THINGS FROM THE BOOKS THAT ARE IN THE FUTURE IN REGARDS TO THE SHOW.

This thread is for discussing the episodes of game of thrones season 4. Feel free to talk about anything that has happened in the show up to the current episode. Please try to keep all the discussions for the whole season in this thread. Some people will want to save up the episodes to binge watch at the end of the season. That means try to keep the GoT talks out of the public areas like the chat box.

Here is a recap of seasons 1-3 from people who have never seen the show.

As for episode 1 of season 4. This made me happier to watch than I expected. Since I have read the books and with the show being so close to the storylines I get lots of blanks filled in and remember parts that I loved and stuff.

Episode 1 was done really well. Not much retelling of old stuff after they did the "previously on..." and they just jumped into the story where it left off. Loved seeing the stuff with Arya and the Hound.

I am excited for this season.

So what does everyone think about them changing out the guy that played Daarien Vaharaes?

So what does everyone think about them changing out the guy that played Daarien Vaharaes?
It caught me off guard and for the whole episode I kept on thinking who the hell is that guy and when did he join up with dragon mommy. Then my brain was like oh they just changed the actor. :/ I was tired yesterday.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk.

Yeah, i kinda had the same reaction at first. I was like wtf? Oh man, this is gonna take some getting used to.

I like the old actor better. He fit the character better. This guy....idk man.
I totally agree, although this guy has a beard which makes me want to give him a shot. Though the other guy actually did the Bravosian accent and this one is like a derpy Eric Bana.

Watch next Sunday the old actor will be back and every one will be confused again!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk.

That moment when Arya slow skewers that dude.
They haven't shown it that much, but Arya puts herself to sleep by reciting all the names of the people she has vowed to kill because of the bad shit they have done to her or her friends/family. This dude was a name on that list and I think the first one she gets to kill herself. Plus she got needle back to do the deed with. One of my favorite parts.

I was kinda WTF? because I have also been watching Nashville and he had a big recurring role on that show. I was like, I don't remember him from last season. I liked the original guy better for the roll.

The old Daario Naharis just needed a beard and for it to be dyed like in the books, then it would fit better. Unless I'm mixing characters on the dye thing.

They changed actors for Daario Naharis? I thought I just mixed up his face, I liked Ed Skrein more though. Long blonde hair just fit the character better.

The old Daario Naharis just needed a beard and for it to be dyed like in the books, then it would fit better. Unless I'm mixing characters on the dye thing.
That's the guy who had the dyed hair and beard in the books. The show has done away with lots of the color choices from the books. Especially the weird eye colors lots of people have.

Top Bottom