What's new

Greetings from Ohio!

Sheeld

Since my official induction , I figured I would take some time and post some more intro to myself! Call me Sheeld, hopefully soon the ever gracious Tristan will have changed my name to that (Should've gone with my true moniker to begin with). I am nearing 30 with a wife and 3 kids ages 7, 5, and 3 (Girl, girl, boy respectively) and I'm sure soon you will all get to know them or at least hear them through mumble as they LOVE to show off, sing to, talk to, and otherwise socialize with my gaming friends usually in the middle of a boss fight.

I am a MRDD pediatric nurse and have been in this field for about 4 years now. I absolutely love my job and I'm going back this fall to further my degree and hopefully make even more dough! Cause my wife loves to spend it (we are remodeling, she has every right).

I do work a lot, and family time is pretty important to me, but so is relaxing and enjoying the light of my computer screen washing over me. I have been playing Torchlight 2, Dota2, Minecraft, Smite hopefully, and can't wait till WS!

Another interesting side note about myself is that one of my most passionate and long standing hobbies has been a little fantasy project of mine called A'Lea (Uh-Lay-Uh), a fantasy world that started out as a D&D campaign and took wing. My brother and I have been working on it for about 14 years now, hammering out pieces here and there. It is our dream to one day turn it into a Book or video game, but that part is less important than the hobby aspect of world creation!

Anyways, its great to be here as a member of TAB, I have already enjoyed chatting with many of you all and can't wait to game it up!

Another RN! Sweet. I'm about to start in a cardiothoracic surgical stepdown myself. Starting on the NP in May!

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx HD via Tapatalk

Ohayo!

Do you still role play, or is it only world creation at this point? And if you do still role play, do you still play D&D, or have you tried other systems for your world?

I'm rather new here myself, but welcome from the newbie!

I love world and character creation myself. I've always wanted to make a comic, but I've never really finished any project. =/
I've played some D&D here and there, but have played way more white-wolf games than anything else.
Used to rp on forums in a post-by-post style too. Kind like writing a story with others. Really fun.

It'd be cool to hear more from your world, how you get those creative juices flowing, and what not. I mean, whatever you're willing to share. I know people can be jealous with their babies and be wary of sharing too much.
nod.gif

Ohayo!

Do you still role play, or is it only world creation at this point? And if you do still role play, do you still play D&D, or have you tried other systems for your world?

I have integrated A'Lea into D&D 4e, right now I have 3 playable campaigns for 2-5 PCs, 2 of them are up to lvl 5ish and basically normal fare, but the other one is EPIC in proportion. Starting out normally, drafted by beings powerful enough to create worlds, and end up leading armies and massive fleets all from a D&D perspective! HA! Other than that we are mostly doing world creation at the level of fine tuning, socio-economics, trade flow, inter-factional politics, and even down to the current time-line's important characters.
I'm rather new here myself, but welcome from the newbie!

I love world and character creation myself. I've always wanted to make a comic, but I've never really finished any project. =/
I've played some D&D here and there, but have played way more white-wolf games than anything else.
Used to rp on forums in a post-by-post style too. Kind like writing a story with others. Really fun.

It'd be cool to hear more from your world, how you get those creative juices flowing, and what not. I mean, whatever you're willing to share. I know people can be jealous with their babies and be wary of sharing too much.
nod.gif

A comic would be sweet, and I've done the forum RP as well. Had a lot of fun with it and even added in characters and plot points from the RP! As far as sharing specifics....We could be here for DAYS and fill threads and threads with info. That and I am a bit leery of a [TAB] version of my game getting released and making millions...jk! Maybe someday though because I definitely like to talk about it!

Oh hey. We were talking about LoL stuff. Did you know the Riven skin we got for going to the s2 championship is now worth 300-500 dollars on ebay and the statuettes are worth about 200ish now? Talk about a return on an investment.

That is awesome! Just goes to show how certain games just get this ridiculous subculture going! One of the reasons I banned myself! lol

Top Bottom