What's new

GTX 680 :D

Dan

HmHm
Scored well on the FurMark test, about to where I expected it. Was a little hot at 79c, but fan was only at 30%. In the second picture the V8 is the heatsink on the CPU. Things huge, weighs 1.9 lbs. Was a doozie to put on.

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

-brucethumbsup-

Honestly, I can't tell the difference with my previous graphics card, which is actually the one you just linked.

Fap fap fap fap.

But do you really keep your cables like that shoved in at the bottom of your case?

Wow...really? What is your take on upgrading with another one of the GTX 560's and running SLI? Are two, somewhat lower level cards better than having a single slightly higher level card?

Yes. Cables are a mess. Doesn't bother me, Everything else is neat.

I've never done SLI, it will make your PC heat up more that's for sure.

If you clean up the cables it helps bring down the temperatures by allowing the fan to push air freely through the case.

Agreed. Gotta bring those temps DOWN, clean those cables up its not hard and will add life to your PC :p

Organized my cables, much better. Ran into some issues while redoing the cables though. I had to remove the MOBO and I accidently put a wire in the wrong jumper and it started to restart on its own.. Had to restart CMOS and then more problems came up.. Took me about 6 hours to fix it. Re-applied thermal compound, which came with my heatsink. Ended up running more hotter than the artic silver that I had so I had to again re-apply with arctic silver.. Ugh. But. It's all running good now, overclocked to 3.4ghz compared to 2.67ghz. Ram is running at 1663. My CPU cores arn't going above 40c on idle which is better than it was with the other thermal compound. Will need to get another fan next to the PSU.

photo4.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Top Bottom