What's new

MOBA Guardians of Middle Earth!

Cyberwalrus

Hey y'all, I just noticed that Guardians of Middle Earth will be releasing for PC on the 29th of this month and I thought I'd make a forum post telling you all about it!

GOME is (yet another) MOBA-style game set in the Lord of the Rings universe. Originally it was released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 but it seems it is porting to PC on the 29th! What's the difference between LOTR and your standard MOBA you might ask? Well let me tell you!
Note: What I'm about to say is with the assumption that the PC version is the same as the console versions.
  • Set in the LOTR universe.
  • Pre-arranged Relic/Gem belt means you don't have to worry about buying items in the middle of a match.
  • You can change the functionality of minion spawners/towers (Regular, Siege, Dual-Shot, Healing towers. Regular, Armored, Cavalry, Seige minions).
The rest is mostly the same! Push down a 1 or 3 lane playing field and destroy the enemy "Nexus" against enemy players or AI bots! There's a jungle, neutral creeps, etc for all of you junglers! There is also a Survival mode that pits you against wave-upon-wave of minions with a few Guardians thrown in every once in a while! Truth be told, I haven't played Survival mode a whole lot but rest assured, it's fun!

You might be asking "What's a Relic/Gem belt?" Well, it's basically what you have instead of buying items in the middle of a match. Gems are stat-boosting gems, simple as that. Relics are sets of gems that give their own bonuses on top of the gem bonus (lifesteal, health regen, plus ability power, etc). There are five different colors of gems.
  • Blue is Ability Power-related.
  • Red is Basic Attack Power.
  • Green is Health-related.
  • Yellow is Attack/Movement Speed-related.
  • Purple is Cooldown reduction.
Each Relic can have a variety of color combinations but there are common combinations (red and yellow, purple and blue, etc).

That's about it really! The only downside is that the game does cost money to buy. Right now on Steam it's $17.99 until release date (August 29th) when it will become an even $20.00. I know that that's probably a huge turn-off for most of you guys, but if you're willing to spend the money I promise you won't regret it! If you do pre-purchase it, you also get the Company of Dwarves DLC (normally a $15 value) for free! That's pretty much all I have to say for now. Happy gaming!

http://www.guardiansofmiddleearth.com/game/pc_quick_start_guide

Also around 3 bucks. But you can buy them ingame. Also you can pick the ones you like and do not have to buy a whole pack if you only want 1 or 2 out of it.

You were able to buy a single Guardian on the console version so I imagine you'll be able to do it on the PC haha. I guess it's just a bundle?

Sounds interesting since I enjoy LotR but we already play an insane amount of Smite. I also spent 30 bucks on that for all current and future gods. Money well spent but I am not spending anything else on games until November. Especially since I just preordered BF4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

It is definitely too expensive for MOBA placed in LotR universe. If i had some money left i'd rather save it for better titles or wait till they reduce the price.

Yeah so I pre-purchased it and everything. I was all excited to play it and I get in and it's buggy/glitchy as all hell. Gave it some time, but it's still really bad. Seems like they just did a shitty port of it.

Yeah so I pre-purchased it and everything. I was all excited to play it and I get in and it's buggy/glitchy as all hell. Gave it some time, but it's still really bad. Seems like they just did a shitty port of it.

Movie to game adaptation anyone?

Well the console versions of the game were great. They had some connectivity issues at launch but other than that they were good. A new company picked the game up for the PC port and just ruined it haha.

So it´s console to PC port. Another classic!

Top Bottom