What's new

GW2 Guild Emblem: Reasoning behind OUR emblem

Dan

HmHm
So I came to thinking, an emblem is a image that reflects the guild, as a logo reflects companies. They usually have a story behind why the logo is the way it is.

Why not come up with a storyline of our emblem?

NOW, it seems like the Octopus emblem might win. So I have decided that we could create a storyline behind why we chose this emblem. Not just because it looks good (Which it does, I know).

I was looking up some facts and here are a few.

1. The common octopus would be unique for its appearance alone, with its massive bulbous head, large eyes, and eight distinctive arms. But by far the most striking characteristic of the octopus is the wide array of techniques it uses to avoid or thwart attackers.
  2. Its first—and most amazing—line of defense is its ability to hide in plain sight.
  3. When discovered, an octopus will release a cloud of black ink to obscure its attacker's view, giving it time to swim away. The ink even contains a substance that dulls a predator's sense of smell, making the fleeing octopus harder to track.
  4. Fast swimmers, they can jet forward by expelling water through their mantles. And their soft bodies can squeeze into impossibly small cracks and crevices where predators can't follow.
  5. If all else fails, an octopus can lose an arm to escape a predator's grasp and regrow it later with no permanent damage. They also have beaklike jaws that can deliver a nasty bite, and venomous saliva, used mainly for subduing prey.
  6. Considered the most intelligent of all invertebrates.
Let me know what other facts you can find out, we can do comparisons of what our guild represents to how unique the octopus is.

KEY POINTS:

Colors: TBA

Three hearts.

Giant Octopus are known to catch and kill sharks.

Hide in plain sight: adapt to any environment due to its pigment and mimic ability

Unique for its appearance

Defense: release a cloud of black ink to obscure view. Inside the black ink is a substance that dulls the stench of the octopus.

Can regenerate ligaments.

Beaklike jaws that deliver a nasty bike and venomous saliva.

Considered the most intelligent of all the invertebrates.

STORY:
TBA

1. All octopuses have three hearts.

2. They have a very good eyesight but can not hear.

3. Octopus blood is blue.

1. An adult Octopus can squeeze through a hole the size of a dime

2. The correct plural of Octopus is octopuses. Octopods is a more scientific term. Octopi is frowned upon.

3. Octopuses (see ^) look badass with tridents.

- Large octopuses, such as the Giant Octopus, have also been known to catch and kill some species of sharks

- Octopuses have three hearts and two gills

- North Pacific Giant Octopus stats and facts
  • Weight: 15 kg (33 lb)
  • Arm Span: Up to 4.3 m (14 ft)
  • Habitat: Coral reefs, open waters and the ocean floor
  • Lifespan: Usually very short, sometimes just 6 months, for small species but the Giant Octopus can live up to 5 years
  • Diet: Octopuses eat crabs, scallops, fish, turtles and crustaceans

mega-shark-vs-giant-octopus.jpg

Everyone in the guild must have one of these on their desk or you're not a true guild member!

41hbl%2BvczbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41z0uniR4cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

tumblr_m72icvatKh1r4t7tno1_500.jpg

Also... If an Asura was to have sex with an octopus...

baby_dumbo_octopus_by_santani-d3cq01c_thumb.jpg

Hmmm.....we'll have our tentacles in all aspects of the game (Spvp, WvWvW, Crafting, Dungeons, Role Playing, Market Economy, Legendaries, and Stomping Zhaitan's ass in PvE).

Octopuses have 8 arms, so there you go.

Top Bottom