What's new

Guild Roster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
As you see we now have a nice Guild Roster that updates itself, THANK GOD!(working on it showing our Races and Professions, if anyone knows php language please hit me up to make that go faster haha)

But the QUESTION I have is:

• Are we OK with the Guild Roster link in the forum as a link only
  • Guild Roster in the menu bar up top only
or
  • Both in the links and the top menu bar?

Tough to help based on that thread and not knowing anything about this forum software. I would probably need to see some source code and know the layout of your database to be much help. I doubt you'd want to give that out to a new member, too. :) If you don't figure it out soon, we can chat and I can try to help. It's been awhile since I did much with PHP, but it should be pretty easy to pull some fields out of your database.

I would put it in both places. Odd also have the podcast as its own item in the main menu bar.

Once we have a few more podcasts it will get its own space. Not on the menu bar for sure but a forum for the episodes.

For now the roster will stay the same, although I still don' tknow how I feel about both spots :p

Agoknee Totally get ya, I have been looking at this for so long it just makes sense in my head now haha. Ill tell ya if I can't get it figured out.

Poking around the site, I see that the profession field is showing properly here:

http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?members/agoknee.324/

But it doesn't show on the guild roster. My advice would be to look at the script and/or template being used to generate the member information page and copy whatever is being used there over to the roster script/template. I'd go download a copy of XenForo and start digging through the code myself, but I don't know what modifications you've made so that would probably be a waste of time.

I know you said you'd figure it out or ask. So, I'll butt out for now. I just noticed it working one place and not another so thought it might help. :)

I know you said you'd figure it out or ask. So, I'll butt out for now. I just noticed it working one place and not another so thought it might help. :)

I wish this was the solution. It was just a stupid problem that no one could have guessed. The fact that it worked there just pisses me off haha. Cause it doesn;t call the same way in the place I wanted it. Yay stupid coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom