What's new

Wildstar Guilds with Tiffany Chu

Rajax

Hey guys I found this one posted up today with some great information.

Guilds will not be immediately available and you have to earn a currency - Renown - from grouping with your Circles in order to purchase a guild. She mentions this next beta push will have some of the basic guild features implemented.

Tutorials are in and help guide you, also pop up throughout the game (IE Level 10 you learn about trade skills)
Guild Bank with launch.
Talks about mob white damage in game.
She doesn't want there to be a cap or ceiling, always having things to do. Her example was a guild reaching level 20 and that they don't want that to be the end of your guild progression.

Things to be found out during testing:
Will Guild Rank/Positions affect grouping?
Who can spend Guild Currency and on What?

These were questions I was thinking of when she was speaking.

She is Dominion btw!

My wife heard the interview and asked if she was blonde. I said she looked sorta Asian. My wife is convinced that black is not her natural color.

Dunno how I feel about circles. I don't want my friends list to be complicated. One lost of people I like, another list of people I ignore. I don't want to feel like I have to have a formal relationship with every person I see to build renown. Maybe they are wanting guilds to mean more, so you have to have the network of friends before the formal guild is formed? Maybe it's just late at night, but it sounds like a potential cluster.

I like that they are having guild levels and currencies. It also sounded like there could be group privileges built in to the hierarchy system. Not sure what that would mean. Maybe special communication tools for raid leaders and assists?

don't worry, just circle with us in [Tab] and you will earn enough for us to build the guild.

don't worry, just circle with us in [Tab] and you will earn enough for us to build the guild.
You choose a faction because they're....clean?

For us as a guild the system won't be cumbersome. It might even give us a lot of flexibility for when we need different squads and teams for things both pve and pvp related. It might suck a little for people wanting a guild bank for their alt or something. Also, maybe it will keep servers from having 8000 guilds if it takes more than just gold to start them.

You choose a faction because they're....clean?

For us as a guild the system won't be cumbersome. It might even give us a lot of flexibility for when we need different squads and teams for things both pve and pvp related. It might suck a little for people wanting a guild bank for their alt or something. Also, maybe it will keep servers from having 8000 guilds if it takes more than just gold to start them.

It also means that guilds will have to be made with people who you enjoy playing with. That way it's not just a bunch of random people you don't know that well, when trying to start up a raiding guild.

Hmm. I could see a good opportunity for Carbine to allow a "Pre-Purchase" for a guild. Like, charge 5-10 bucks to reserve a guild name or something pre-launch. If not, we will need EVERYONE in a circle at launch in order to grind our "rep" in order to prevent someone stealing out guild name (which we were able to avoid in GW2 by pooling all our copper that night lol)

There is an interview with the creative director here where at the end the interview says his take on WarPlots is basically a guild hall when you aren't PvPing etc. Matt answers that some parts of housing decorations etc DO transfer over but they are not saying what right now. Just an interesting point.

he's the dark side of tab.

Hmm. I could see a good opportunity for Carbine to allow a "Pre-Purchase" for a guild. Like, charge 5-10 bucks to reserve a guild name or something pre-launch. If not, we will need EVERYONE in a circle at launch in order to grind our "rep" in order to prevent someone stealing out guild name (which we were able to avoid in GW2 by pooling all our copper that night lol)
do you really thing we will have a problem? We had so many people on launch with GW2 I think we will have at least that on WS.

^ agreed, setting the guild up will be easy, its all the stuff after that might be not as easy, but then again with wildstar being abit more towards a traditional mmo style we might not have a problem

do you really thing we will have a problem? We had so many people on launch with GW2 I think we will have at least that on WS.
Nah, I don't think we'll have a problem. But you know me. Until it solidifies, I'll think someone will beat us to it.

he's the dark side of tab.

Plus more people finding out about this site and wanting to join in on the fun (for example me :D).

Top Bottom