What's new

GW2 GW2 Account Magic Find, Ascended crafting and legendary weapons revamp preview

Holy shit I'm excited for this. It is enough to make you log in again?
Source: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/gw2-acc...rafting-and-legendary-weapons-revamp-preview/

by dulfy
A preview and summary of the Account wide Magic Find. Ascended crafting and legendary weapons effects changes from the GW2 livestream. These changes will be coming in the SAB patch coming on Tuesday, September 3, 2013.

Account wide Magic Find
  • New UI for account wide magic find
  • New consumables called Essence of Luck (different rarity levels – purple, blue etc) that you will get from salvaging blues, greens, and globs of ectoplasm. You can consume these Essence of Luck to add to your luck bar which will increase your account wide magic find when the bar is full. It will take more Luck to gain a % as you get higher and higher magic find.
  • Salvage kit does NOT affect the amount of Essence of Luck that you get. Please do enjoy your Copper-fed Salvage-O-Matic without any fears of it not giving you the standard amount of Essence of Luck that any salvage kit will produce
  • All existing players, to make up for the removal of magic find gear, will be rewarded with purple Essence of Luck that will give you 20% Magic Find by default.
  • Account wide magic find can also be earned through achievements (no details given)
  • Account wide magic find is capped at 300%.
  • Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.
  • All existing drops and crafting recipes that have created Magic Find gear will be replaced with three new combos:
    • Explorer’s recipes will be replaced with the Assassin’s stat combo (Precision, Power, Critical Damage)
    • Traveler’s drops will be replaced with the Dire Stat Combo (Condition Damage, Toughness, Vitality)
    • Pillagers recipes will be replaced with the Hunter’s stat combo (Precision, Power)
  • Upgrade Components that currently give Magic Find bonuses will be updated with new functionality:
    • Copper, silver, gold and platinum doubloons will give boon duration.
    • Rune of the Pirate will grant power instead of magic find.
    • Rune of the Traveler will grant all stats, condition damage, boon duration and movement speed.
    • Rune of the Noble will grant condition damage and might.
    • Rune of the Scavenger will grant condition damage and life steal.
    • Sigil of Luck will grant a random boon on kill.
  • Food/Utility Infusions/Guild Buffs will retain their magic find.

Ascended Weapon Crafting
  • It will take 2 weeks to craft an Ascended weapon. You will need to be at 500 Artifice/Huntsman/Weaponsmith to craft the Ascended weapons.
  • Crafting is not the only way to get Ascended Weapons! Anywhere you can get an Ascended Material drop or an Ascended item drop there is also a rare chance that you will get an Ascended Weapon chest that allows you to choose which weapon type you want from within a stat combo
  • Because we wanted all stat combos in the game to be represented in Ascended Weapons, we have added new Exotic Inscriptions to the salvage tables on all non-crafted Exotic weapons and to drops where applicable. We have also added Exotic weapon recipes to use these new Inscriptions so that they aren’t only used for Ascended weapons
  • Raw ascended Materials: New collection in the bank for Ascended materials, most of these are used for Ascended weapons but some of these are used for Ascended armor crafting which will be coming later this year.

• Pile of Bloodstone Dust, Account Bound (Refines into Bloodstone Bricks, requires Artifice/Huntsman/Weaponsmith 450) – Champion loot bags
    • Dragonite Ore, Account Bound (Refines into dragonite ingots, Artifice/Huntsman/Weaponsmith 450) – Comes from Temple chests in Orr, Megabosses, and Keeps and Castles in WvW.
    • Empyreal Fragments, Account Bound (Refines into Empyreal Stars, Artifice/Huntsman/Weaponsmith 450) – Comes from dungeons, mini-dungeons, jumping puzzles and camps/towers in WvW.
    • Glob of Dark Matter, Account Bound – Obtained only from salvaging exotics.
    • Augur’s Stone, Account Bound – Purchased for skill points from Miyani near the mystic forge. Costs 20 skill points.
    • Thermocatalytic Regeants – Brought from vendors (10 for 14 silver 96 copper)
  • Ascended Inscriptions: Costs 21k karma each but you can choose what Inscription you want once purchased from the vendor.

• Ascended Recipe: Purchased from the vendor for 3 gold and 5 laurels each.

• Leveling up: To level up to 500 to craft the Ascended weapons, you will be discovering exotics and refine Tier 6 crafting materials for up to 450. Once you get to 450, you can refine the new Tier 7 materials and continue to craft exotics to get to 500. In order to facilitate that, we have actually reset all of the existing exotic discoveries so you can discovery them again for the bonus XP.
  • Refinements (Ectoplasm): When you get to 450, you can refine Ectoplasms. These refinements have a daily cooldown and the items refined are account bound.
    • Glob of Elder Spirit Residue (50 Elder Wood Planks, 1 Glob of Ectoplasm, 10 Thermocatalytic Reagents)

• Lump of Mithrillium (50 Mithril Ingot, 1 Glob of Ectoplasm, 10 Thermocatalytic Reagent)

• Refinements(Obsidian Shards): You can also refine Obsidian shards at 450. These items are account bound.
    • Bloodstone Brick (100 Piles of Bloodstone Dust, 2 Obsidian Dust, 10 Thermocatalytic Reagents)

• Dragonite Ingot (100 Dragonite Ore, 2 Obsidian Shards, 10 Thermocatalytic Regents)

• Empyreal Star (100 Empyreal Fragment, 2 Obsidian Shard, 10 Thermocatalytic Reagents)

• Refinements (Common Crafting mats): You can refine common tier crafting materials into Ascended ones. The refined materials are tradeableeven though some of the ingreidents are account bound and have a daily timer. This give incentive for crafters to log on daily to sell their refined stuff even if they have already got their ascended weapons. These refinements typically take Tier 2, 4, 5 mats.
    • Deldrimor Steel Ingots: 20 Iron Ingot, 10 Steel Ingot, 20 Darksteel Ingot, 1 Lump of Mithrillium).

• Spiritwood Planks: Not shown but assume a similar pattern with Deldrimor Steel Ingots
  • Crafting: To craft an Ascended weapon, you will need an Ascended inscription, components such as Blade/Hilts etc and a Vision Crystal.

• Ascended inscription requires materials such as Glob of Dark Matter, Orichalcum Inscriptions, Pile of Crystalline Dust, and Dowels (tradeable, 3 Spiritwood Planks + 3 Deldrimor Steel Ingots)

• Blade/Hilts are made froim Deldrimor Steel Ingots, Pile of Crystalline Dust, and Thermocalaytic Reagents

• Vision Crystal: Dragonite Ingot, Empyreal Star, Angur’s Stone, Bloodstone Brick.

Ascended Weapons
  • Crafted ascended weapons are account bound and soul bound on use. This allow you to craft them on any character on your account.
  • Ascended weapons will have upgrade slot, and offensive infusion slots. 2handers will have two offensive infusion slots.

• Different colored sets depends on the stats you crafted.
Celestial Primary Vitality Primary Toughness
Primary Precision Primary Power Primary
Heal
Primary Condition Damage
Legendary Effects revamp
  • Precursor crafting: Talked about last year but can’t talk about it. (Not coming anytime soon is my guess).
  • New legendaries will come but can’t comment on when.
  • All legendaries updated to Ascended stats to be BiS (best in slot). Infusion slots are offensive slots only. They won’t have stats right after the patch but you can immediately pick and choose stats.

• You can select stats anytime out of combat, on the fly, making legendaries extremely versatile.

• Most of the legendaries are updated to have bigger footsteps and flashier effects.
  • Eternity: New footfalls, and a glowing gem at the handle.

• Bifrost: New footfalls, updated textures, new projectile effect (not shown)

• Meteorlogicus: New footfalls, white fluffy clouds at day and stormy clouds w/ lightning at night.

• The Moot, ultimate party animal weapon, very reflective and shiny.

• Howler: Cool effects that come off it
  • Quip: Updated effects (
  • Ministrel: Updated to better effects
  • Incinerator: Better footfalls
  • Juggernaut: Better footfalls, it may splash
  • Frostfang: Glows with ice, better footfalls
  • Kudzu: Change to the model so the arrow actually sticks out, updated projectile effect.
  • Dreamer: New footfalls
  • Bolt: New footfalls
  • No change to Twilight/Sunrise/Flameseeker Prophecies/Rodgort – we felt they were awesome already.
  • All underwater legendaries got updates: Speargun got a fish projectile, texture fixes for the trident, Spear got some texture/effect changes.
  • Transmuted legendaries: You will be provided with a Transmutation Splitter in the mail. It will convert your transmuted legendary back so you can receive all the cool new updates.

I dunno man, all I am seeing is more pretty things and nothing to use it on?

They continue to produce a handful of hours of fun content every two weeks now. I've been logging in to do them amongst other games - what's the problem with jumping in for a day or two every week? Sure, it's not a game you can live in, but aren't we all somewhat between games right now?

They continue to produce a handful of hours of fun content every two weeks now. I've been logging in to do them amongst other games - what's the problem with jumping in for a day or two every week? Sure, it's not a game you can live in, but aren't we all somewhat between games right now?

Last few updates I saw seem to be more story content easily completed by yourself. I have a more engaging time playing Skyrim. As for the in between games question...not really. Smite and Minecraft are the bread and butter, with BF4 and EQ: Landmark coming soon as well. I am quite set until 2039 for Wildstar or whatever.

The final boss of the Queen's Gauntlet is one of the most challenging things they've ever put out. I'm still struggling with the last achievement, and it disappears tomorrow.

On the 17th, they're also revamping Tequatl.

I log on whenever I can with a few friends to try and finish whatever new content comes out. But if they aren't around I find myself just wanting to log off and play skyrim insead. Much like Zakis, I'm just waiting for Wild Star. If there's anything anyone would wanna do in a group though (as long as I have the time) I'm all up for it.

See they're doing great for old players but small frequent bits of content will not get anyone back in. It doesn't help that it's at the point where I know I don't have the best gear or build anymore; skills and traits are different, and being the minmaxer I am, I don't feel like figuring out how things are done these days while I'm in the middle of being a lot more interested in other stuff.

Given that they've only just introduced ascended weapons, if you're fully geared with exotics and ascended trinkets, you're totally fine.

Meta's still pretty much the same - full DPS across the board. Zerk zerk zerk.

If nothing else, just enjoy the return of the Super Adventure Box, which is one of their best updates ever and not dependent on gear.

Given that they've only just introduced ascended weapons, if you're fully geared with exotics and ascended trinkets, you're totally fine.

Meta's still pretty much the same - full DPS across the board. Zerk zerk zerk.

If nothing else, just enjoy the return of the Super Adventure Box, which is one of their best updates ever and not dependent on gear.

They added more adventure box? Thats the most tempting thing you have said so far.

I want that swooooord!!! :D

gw2-updated-legendary_thumb.jpg

Must be thousands of hours to craft one of these :(

Eternity is a bit of a waste of time given you need to craft TWO legendaries and then combine them together - all for a very minor graphical effect that is hard to tell between the 'regular' legendaries it's made from. Most people won't notice, and it's actually a disadvantage to only have one sigil when you could have two legendaries with two sigils.

Took about 300-400 hours for my legendary, but most of that was focused normal play rather than grind.

I have to say, I've gone back to GW2 recently to see some of the new changes. It's still a very grindy leveling game and there isn't loads of content to do if you've done it all already, but it is a polished game. It helps pass the time in between other things.

It helps if you have friends who play though... hint hint.

Levelling isn't as bad as in many other MMOs - and I've never liked levelling in any game. If GW2 was grindy I wouldn't have continued to play it since release. That said, I don't tend to play characters below L80 because I find them annoying. Any character over a year old gets a scroll that takes a lower level character to L20 instantly, which removes the worst part of the grind when you have no skills.

These days I prefer to play it as a cooperative multiplayer game, where the challenge is doing a dungeon or fractal efficiently rather than for levelling or specific loot. I do agree the game isn't enough to occupy 100% of one's gaming time however. I tend to log on, do some dailies or dungeons if people are about, then play something else. My investment in time is mostly for some 'future update' when the resources I've gathered are suddenly useful and awesome. Like when ascended armour came out in December and I crafted a complete set before Christmas, for example:

Top Bottom