What's new

Gyoin Needs Computer Help

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
Alright, so this is a bit of a weird question. I'm looking to buy a new laptop with my recent surge of gambling winnings. I'm currently looking at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...yMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

But the issue is, is there better out there right now? And before you PC enthusiasts say "Buy a PC", no. I'm buying a laptop. I'm only worried about buying this, and then next week is an upgrade. Is there any hints to judge if there are going to be updates coming soon?

It's a good lookin machine, but I'm not sure if it's worth that price? Matte displays are a bit lackluster for color. And I've got no info along the way of obsolescence.

But, I can't find anything better on Amazon. /shrug

It's a good lookin machine, but I'm not sure if it's worth that price? Matte displays are a bit lackluster for color. And I've got no info along the way of obsolescence.

But, I can't find anything better on Amazon. /shrug

I like matte finishes actually. I use an ROG currently and LOVE my laptop design.

Haven't kept up with the laptop game in awhile I only get apple laptops for work stuffs.
Checked this?
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2020688,00.asp

Perfect! Looking at this re-confirms my choice for the Asus. The MSI is the comparable laptop but MSI's always feel flimsy and cheap. I can trust Asus.

I have a feeling this is really "top of the line" and only came out two months ago. I think it'd be a safe bet to snag it.

So the new intel CPU architecture is coming out very soon and should have some serious gains for mobile platforms. They should start rolling out in September. Might be worth reading into a bit if you are considering holding off for a few.

So the new intel CPU architecture is coming out very soon and should have some serious gains for mobile platforms. They should start rolling out in September. Might be worth reading into a bit if you are considering holding off for a few.

JUST IN TIME. That is exactly the kind of info I was hoping for. Thanks Crake!

Check out www.xoticpc.com they have a good range of gaming laptops for your research needs. Sometimes they have the best price sometimes not.

I had a g75 ROG asus for a long time and loved it, however after the MB died on me I went with acer inspire v17 nitro. its way lighter and the screen is matt/ips so no shine and it looks great. It is way cooler than the asus also. Its not bleeding edge, but check it out if you want an option that will probably do just as good, but less money.

bah, laptops are just fine for gaming if you get the right one. I have been gaming on a laptop since 2007. In fact I haven't had a pc the whole time I was here.
Yeah I have a RoG laptop that I use when I feel like sitting on the couch or if I'm travelling but getting an actual PC is much better.

Oh, incase anyone doesn't know, Never buy an alienware. Buy a sager if you need alienware. The only difference is the paint job and about 1,000 bucks. Same guts, mb, processor, ram, video card, everything but the laptop case and paint job.

Alienware wasn't terrible before Dell bought them but that was a long time ago. Now it's pretty much a shitty Dell with flashier bits on it.
"Dude, you're gettin a Dell....and some cocaine."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Alienware wasn't terrible before Dell bought them but that was a long time ago. Now it's pretty much a shitty Dell with flashier bits on it.
"Dude, you're gettin a Dell....and some cocaine."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The mini dells were actually good gaming laptops.

Top Bottom