What's new

HBO/Amazon Agree to Streaming Deal

Simpwn

Praise the Sun!
Source: http://www.cordcuttersnews.com/hbo-...sive-deal-to-bring-hbo-shows-to-amazon-prime/

Today Amazon and HBO announced a multi-year deal to bring HBO content exclusively to Amazon Prime members.
The statement reads “The collection includes award-winning shows such as The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Wire, Big Love, Deadwood, Eastbound & Down, Family Tree, Enlightened, Treme, early seasons of Boardwalk Empire and True Blood, as well as mini-series like Band of Brothers,John Adams and more. Previous seasons of other HBO shows, such as Girls, The Newsroom andVeep will become available over the course of the multi-year agreement, approximately three years after airing on HBO.”

Beginning May 21, Amazon Prime members will have unlimited streaming access to:
  • All seasons of revered classics such as The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Rome and Six Feet Under, and of recent favorites such as Eastbound & Down, Enlightened and Flight of the Conchords
  • Epic miniseries, including Angels in America, Band of Brothers, John Adams, The Pacific andParade’s End
  • Select seasons of current series such as Boardwalk Empire, Treme and True Blood
  • Hit original movies like Game Change, Too Big To Fail and You Don’t Know Jack
  • Pedigreed documentaries including the Autopsy and Iceman series, Ghosts of Abu Ghraiband When the Levees Broke
  • Hilarious original comedy specials from Lewis Black, Ellen DeGeneres, Louis CK and Bill Maher
“Amazon has built a wonderful service—we are excited to have our programming made available to their vast customer base and believe the exposure will create new HBO subscribers,” said Charles Schreger, President of Programming Sales for HBO.

“As owners of our original programming, we have always sought to capitalize on that investment. Given our longstanding relationship with Amazon, we couldn’t think of a better partner to entrust with this valuable collection,” said Glenn Whitehead, Executive Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs, who along with Schreger headed up HBO’s negotiating team. “We’re also excited to bring HBO GO to Amazon’s Fire TV. The features like unified voice search will provide a compelling experience for HBO customers.”

HBO has long been one of the big reasons people hold back on cutting the cord. This deal with Amazon will free many cable customers from $100+ monthly bills to see the HBO content they want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is a great thing for those who already have Amazon Prime. It is another great benefit of the service. We can assume more content will be added over time. I do find it interesting that shows like Game of Thrones is not listed. I wonder if that isn't available.

Fuck yeah. I use Amazon prime just for shipping stuff, but hell yeah I'll use it for HBO streaming!

Im pretty sure GoT was not listed for a reason, and that reason is money. If you want to watch GoT you gotta get HBO for HBO GO. Theres no way they're gonna give something like that to Amazon.

That's exactly what I was thinking. They did say that shows like Veep and Girls would be available but on a 3 year delay.

This means I can watch Generation Kill, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific another 8 gazillion times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Its true, GoT most pirated show all time.

Its clearly because Daenerys is such a god damned boss, especially whenever they close an episode with her....and thread DERAILED!

To get back on topic, this is a really sweet deal for us Prime users!

Top Bottom