What's new

Hi! I'm a Casual!

Thovarisk

[Ragnarok was his name]
MediaHandler.ashx

Hi my name is Frank and I'm a casual, yes I said it!! I play whenever RL allows me to...
I'm a father and I'm a husband, I work full time over night and usually when I get home in the morning tired there are plenty of stuff I'm needed for whether I "want to play" or not, so yes "CASUAL" I am.
Am I less skilled than most? or do I die in the fire? no. I know how to play, and I still care to perform well.
I do research my class, and whenever I'm in group content I play my 100% to be considerate of the other people playing with me, and for me that's not elite, that's just to be expected of me and of others, as in IF you group for a dungeon PAY FUCKING ATTENTION to what you are doing, specially in Wildstar. It infuriates me if you are just doodling around in MY instance, during MY playtime, wasting MY precious and very little video game enjoyment, that's why I hate pugs and love YOU GUYS, this guild is the best to play with.
So.. Why I'm not hardcore? I'm not 16-25ish years old anymore, I have other priorities that don't allow me to focus my life around a video game (anymore lol).

so... What does all this have to do with the conversation going on here you ask?? well I'm the kind of person that actually keeps MMORPGS alive and profitable nowadays, I'm the old guy who used to spend all his time raiding in wow when I was much younger and with much less RL obligations pushing me around.

When I finally hit LV.50 (not yet) in Wildstar if I don't find something fun and achievable to strive for what do you think will happen?? keep paying? just run against a wall? keep trying to get pugs to actually finish a simple adventure? heh... right...

There HAS to be content attuned for people like me or the game WILL DIE IN A FIRE (F2P hell) because I PAY THE FUCKING BILLS HERE!!, PVE content has to scale up all the way to raids right? so basically:
- Adventures should be for the "less fortunate" player sort of speak, the guy really doesn't have very much time to play if at all or people like me on a day or week where I'm just really busy in RL and need something fun for an hour or so...
- Dungeons are for people that need more robust content and have a little more time to spend, it should need commitment to finish a dungeon and in the end it should reward you back... anyone remember Heroics during The burning Crusade? something along those lines or even a little harder if you will.. I for sure wouldn't mind.
- and for you 1% HAAARDCOOORE whiners take your ass to RAAAIIIDSSSS!!! where everything is very shiny and glimmery and makes you shine like a thousand suns when you wear it so we peasants may awe at your awesomeness. And you spend your time dying in a fire to VERY EXCRUCIATINGLY HARD encounters, have fun.

Now everyone is happy right? well I hope so. They just changed the loot tables and mechanics for Medal earning.. IMHO for good.
Don't like the change? Use your 1337 skills to BLAZE over them get attuned and never come back after you set yourself in Gods land raids OR if you liked the adventures... then play them... it sounds easy enough right?

I LIKE Wildstar, I like playing with friends, I would love to raid with you guys if I ever get the chance but, will I ever again be hardcore about an MMORPG? no, I just can't. I will jump in mumble and joke around with you guys, try to group up and have a good time.

So, There's that! and I'll be seeing you in Nexus soon enough!! lets play together with the Casual alright?
Adios!
Thovarisk The Casual (Would FUCKING LOVE this tittle in game btw)

I know I'm hoping on this thread a bit late here, but well said Frank! Many of the same reasons you stated above are the same reasons I'm semi-casual most weeks. I'm also a gamer whom likes to spend a good chunk of my free time playing other titles besides Wildstar!

With that said, I believe there is a big stigma right meow in said MMO concerning gamer type and attitude needed to raid. There is a strong belief I'm noticing among the Pergo exiles that you have to be hardcore to raid on this server/faction or you won't be raiding at all. The guild progression thread in Pergo forums provides a good view of why Exiles might be getting this vibe....MUCH DOMINION GUILDS MANY RAIDS >_>

I think seeing more casual/semi-casual raid groups pop up is a matter of time. it really isn't a matter of can't be casual if you want to raid. Sure it's taking people longer to become attuned, but someone has to pay the bills for Carbine!

-DAAAAAAAAMN YOU STEAM SUMMER SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE!

Causal gaming is just raiding real life. Talk about a tiresome rep grind...

By the way,
Why is everyone so worried about a steam sale? Or spending money?
Just turn the iron on high and let the water flow baby. Steam is effectively free because you gotta iron them khakis anyway.
(hows that for a casual rating?)

Causal gaming is just raiding real life. Talk about a tiresome rep grind...

By the way,
Why is everyone so worried about a steam sale? Or spending money?
Just turn the iron on high and let the water flow baby. Steam is effectively free because you gotta iron them khakis anyway.
(hows that for a casual rating?)

I am so confused lol.

I don't worry about Steam sales though. My library is pretty small because I am so selective so it's no biggie.

Top Bottom