What's new

How Barry the Bard seduced a woman to death.

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
This past weekend, after a very long hiatus I was able to get my group together for a solid five hour session. They were inside of a cave after a small rogue ambush, only to find a group of kids slumbering who couldn't be woken. After fighting off some bandits and shadow creatures, they were able to get to the current leader of the caves, a warlock with priestesses worshipping their current demon overlord.

While the party has a moonbeam happy druid, a punchy puncher punchington monk, a young sheltered rogue, there is also the once pirate, now cocky gnomish bard. The druid used his shapeshifting to a spider to investigate, and the group was able to formulate a plan of attack. Being an incredibly sneaky stealthy group and rolling some monster stealth checks (and everyone in the room being occupied), I allowed for a surprise round.

The group then decided to throw the bard into the center of the room as hard as they could so the gnome could cast shatter in the center to attack the boss lady. Low and behold, great rolls, successful cast, great start to combat. The trope-y combat continued afterwards until the priestesses were mostly dead and the boss lady was heavily wounded. The group realizing that she is better off dead than captive, the bard decides to try to finish her off. He fails miserably with his rapier, but however has one more trick up his sleeve.

While the boss lady is on her knees, he thrusts his rapier forward and misses, however leans in and whispers dirty, dirty things into her ear. Vicious Mockery cast on his bonus action.

I'm looking over the numbers and just realize "No. No this can't be happening. 1d4 damage after a wisdom save, maybe she will survive!" After a failed wisdom save and a max damage Vicious mockery, I had to give the bard the final blow into death saves with his final whispers into her ear.

We've always had the joke that Vicious Mockery would be the saving grace of the group, and I had to give it to him. The whole party just sat there in absolute glee knowing that our little perverted gnome won the fight with his dirty pillow talk.

Last edited:
That said, I was caught in a "rule violation" and had to... uh... DM Magic a little. But it all worked out.

The rules in the book are just there to give you a guideline which you can follow. As a DM there are certain things I def. change, esp. if somebody has a awesome idea and the rules wouldn´t allow it.

Top Bottom