What's new

How psycopathic are you

Which choice could you make? Choose all you would do.

• The switch

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Fat Man

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Transplant

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Baby Hitler

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
Watch the videos before you answer the poll.
WARNING these videos will make you think pretty hard about who you are.

This video speaks to moral dilemmas and what it takes to make the hard decisions. Or not make those decisions.

In a second video Kevin Dutton goes even further and gives you some tricky situations that are even more telling on where you fall on the psychopathic scale.

I found these videos very interesting along with many of the big think videos.

Here is my thinking and decision making on the videos.
I could easily flip the switch. No problem there. I would probably try for another solution, but from the scenario it doesn't seem like it would be possible, and I wouldn't have that hard of a time making that choice.

I don't think I could push the fat man, because I would probably be looking for another solution first. Not only that I have lots of empathy, so much so I hate horror movies cause I empathise with the characters. Being so hands on about it would probably haunt me too much.

I wouldn't kill off the stranger for the transplant. That is too final when there could always be another answer. I couldn't even try to orchestrate a way to have it happen and keep my hands clean.

I could never kill the baby, even if I knew it was Hitler. I just couldn't live with myself for doing that for that reason.

In all these cases I understand the reasoning behind someone who did make those choices, but I just couldn't personally do it. It would way too much on me. The other thing is I don't believe in taking away options if at all possible. If someone is dead there can't be another way to solve the problem.

I saw these Videos a long time ago and I thought about this very hard and came to the conclusion that I would need more information, at least for the first question. For example if there would be 5 really old people on one lane and 1 teenager on the other, I would let the train hit the old people.
I would not push the fat guy and also not kill for the transplant.
On the killing of baby Hitler, I would not do it. Hell, I would not even kill adult Hitler. Because the Nazis were such an organized structure and the circumstances of that time would have led to somebody else raising to power. Paying back the debt for WW 1 was one of the main reasons WW2 "had" to happen.

I often thought about when is my limit reached when I would kill another person. So far I couldn´t pinpoint it down. If someone is threatening my family? Or my friends? Somebody I work with?
What would I do If somebody killed somebody I liked/loved? I cannot tell.

The question that popped into my head was it depends on who the 5 are on the track vs the 1. The numbers don't matter to me if the large person or the one person on the other tracks is someone that is of significant societal benefit and the 5 are a bunch of crackheads. That being said, if there was no way for that information to be known and/or if the decision had to be done in a split-second, I'll go with the numbers. ... let the 5 die, then throw the large guy off the bridge to make it 6 - the bigger the number the better right?

Top Bottom