What's new

I am now a turbo-addict [CARS]

Sivenx

After driving a paid-for-in-cash junker for the past 5 years, last weekend I finally financed my first vehicle, and a brand new one at that.

PSMhbal
PSMhbal.jpg

Everyone say hello to Marida! She's a brand-spanking new 2013 WRX STi. 305 turbocharged horsepower, symmetrical all-wheel drive, 6-speed manual, and high performance summer tires. Powerful, controllable, comfortable, sexy, safe, and warrantied, it's everything I've ever wanted in a car. We are going to be good friends.

It's been less than a week, and I'm pretty much addicted to the boost. As I get better at driving a manual, and as the car reaches the end of it's break-in, I'll be able to see more of her real potential. Once I'm competent at hard and soft launches, it'll be time to head 5 hours up north to Dallas for the monthly Autocross events.

If anyone wants to discuss the WRX/STi, or Subarus in general, I am more than happy to spill the deets. But for now I just wanted to share my new passion with my friends here at [TAB].

Damn sexy vehicle. I should really learn manual. Anyway if I ever got a car instead of a Jeep, I would get a Subaru....and proceed to find a dirt road to go all rally on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have no direct experience with AutoX, but I have a good friend who does it monthly to get me started. I have a basic understanding of racing principles, traction, and weight transfer, but I'm still a newb.

Forced induction is def a different kind of ride. I miss it! My first was a 89 Supra Turbo, then the same in a 88, followed by 3 other different turbo'd cars. Funny how American automakers are just starting to realize the benefits of this (Ford), even though they've tried their hand at it a couple times over the last 20 years (Buick, Chevy, Ford, etc). Ford had a turbo charged 4 cyl Mustang back in the early 80's. Nothing special at the time, but it could have evolved over the years. Now if they would only start utilizing turbo-diesel, or turbo-diesel hybrids, like European automakers do.

Very nice have a 2012 370Z nismo my self put a supercharger on it cost me a arm and a leg (around 6K -brucesfist- ) but should have close to 500hp when all said and done

wLQ243Tl.jpg

Got my 1500-mile break in done after almost exactly 15 days of ownership. (give or take a couple hours). I finally get to enjoy 5000+ RPM turbo boost!

I wonder what happened to Ford's Taurus SHO? I thought I remembered something about AWD and over 300hp of twin-turbo awesome.

A supercharged 370 Nismo is one hell of a ride! I was considering a 370, but they just started to get too expensive. They are cool, but if I'm gonna spend big money on a Nissan, I may as well go for broke on a GTR.

Cost me about 35 (paid cash) and the GTR is about 90 (without all the fees ect) so couldnt get it at the time hopefully someday .
I do like the the WRX if i didnt get the Z i would have gotten that can do a lot more upgrades and all around good car. Hope you have a lot of fun with it

Subarus are amazing cars all the way around. Once my wife finishes school i hope to get her a Subaru Outback with all the kicks and giggles. "Automatic" for her lol. Then after that i am looking to start on my project car, 1965 mustang coupe which of course will be a manual.

Top Bottom