What's new

I Present to you All the MMO I am Currently Waiting For: Skyforge

I got a Guild Wars 2 feeling from this game as well when it came to class dynamics.
I signed up for beta but I have no plans to play it past that unless it blows me away. The lack of healing and world pvp will make this game a very "group unfriendly" game. It honestly looks exactly like gw2 combat and "support" but in a steam punk space age way.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I think it all stems from different people's version of fun. Since I get this feeling this game does take quite a bit from the GW2 model, it doesn't sound like you'll have as much fun with this game since it will probably have some of the same problems as with GW2.

Not trying to guilt people to come and play something they are meh about, just wanted to share this cool game that we are looking forward to.

Here is an article I found regarding answers to various commonly asked questions. In this article, they address the question of healing classes:
http://2p.com/6268492_1/Skyforge-QampA-Part-II-Features-No-Healers-No-Levels-and-More-by-Wow.htm

It sounds very much like Guild wars 2's group dynamics, which I am not against, but I do prefer players fitting pre-determined roles. I agree in a sense with Tristan, in that without group roles clearly defined, i.e. healer/dps/tank, it can feel kinda lonely. That's why AltTabMe is the perfect place to be when this game launches, because we bring a community to a game that has the potential to add a sense of loneliness.

Here is an article I found regarding answers to various commonly asked questions. In this article, they address the question of healing classes:
http://2p.com/6268492_1/Skyforge-QampA-Part-II-Features-No-Healers-No-Levels-and-More-by-Wow.htm

It sounds very much like Guild wars 2's group dynamics, which I am not against, but I do prefer players fitting pre-determined roles. I agree in a sense with Tristan, in that without group roles clearly defined, i.e. healer/dps/tank, it can feel kinda lonely. That's why AltTabMe is the perfect place to be when this game launches, because we bring a community to a game that has the potential to add a sense of loneliness.

Yeah you would think but there can only be so many guild run events before the game mechanics make us feel stilted :( We got burned HARD on GW2. But please don't ake me as negative nancy, will try this out for sure. But I am being skeptical :)

Also, I found another video that shows a lot of combat and answers a few questions regarding the design philosophy:

I think that there are PLENTY of ways to have guild events that don't rely so heavily on the game. In another guild I was in, they had weekly events that brought us together no matter what level or part of the story you were at.

Scavenger hunts.
Find the location in this screenshot I posted.
Races.
Etc stuff like that.

I think we'll just have to get a little creative in how to bring all our people together, not JUST for combat, but for playing and exploring a beautiful game.

I think that there are PLENTY of ways to have guild events that don't rely so heavily on the game. In another guild I was in, they had weekly events that brought us together no matter what level or part of the story you were at.

Scavenger hunts.
Find the location in this screenshot I posted.
Races.
Etc stuff like that.

I think we'll just have to get a little creative in how to bring all our people together, not JUST for combat, but for playing and exploring a beautiful game.

Oh no we did all of that in GW2, but it fizzled out hard because people were tired of only looking forward to events that had nothing to do with the game. In a sandbox environment this works better but in a more linear theme park it becomes difficult.

Yeah GW2 did feel very lonely and was geared towards single player playing.

But back to the topic, this game does look good and i will need a "mage" class to play. Mage FTW whooooooo

Yeah GW2 did feel very lonely and was geared towards single player playing.

But back to the topic, this game does look good and i will need a "mage" class to play. Mage FTW whooooooo

The combat videos that show the Cryomancer are by far the best looking videos. Also, the laser beams of the Lightwielder class are also amazing.

The combat videos that show the Cryomancer are by far the best looking videos. Also, the laser beams of the Lightwielder class are also amazing.

I like the outfits. The transparent cloaks were cool!

Some footage from December of last year showing off class animations.

At around the 22 minute mark there's a character with a scepter. I think that's the Lightwielder.

That is personally one of my favorite videos cause you can really get a solid look at the different combat styles.

Too bad I can't read russian. Haha

Top Bottom