Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Martians

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Euchale

Crazy German Guy
I would like to do a RPG game here in the forum, similar to how the Zombie game was that we were playing on slackchat. I've put up a poll to see what kind of time period people are interested in. Please also write if you are interested in joining.
Take a look at, if you want to become a good player: http://alttabme.com/forum/threads/how-to-be-a-good-player.6312/

Here are the settings that I propose, feel free to post another setting, if you'd like it, I'm up for anything.
1. Vikings
You are a group of Vikings on a Scandinavian island who travel around plundering and pillaging villages.
2. Space
You are a group of mercenaries getting quests to deal with stuff that happens on planets.
3. Western
You are a band of cowboys traveling from city to city.
4. Medieval
You are a group of peasants who fled to their lord.
5. Martians
You are one of the first people on Mars trying to terraform and colonize it.

Based on what is choosen, I will make a different classes. It will be highly based on how you act and less on your rolls.

Voted! Intrigued to see the frequency of play.
I intend to do it in turns, by which I mean, I will give everybody a day to respond what they want to do, and then resolve it.
Things that need to be done instantaneous like talking with a npc I want to do via either a chatroom, or via PM and then post them publicly to reduce clutter.

Last edited:
I vote Eclipse Phase. It's my favorite RPG that I play better than I run. Plus the books are creative commons and available as free PDFs from the authors blog (I have the paper books at home).
As it is not a "real" DnD campaign, due to it being on the forum, I don´t necessarily need a ruleset. But thanks anyway, I might use it outside of the forum.

Ruleset or no, it's a very detailed setting that includes detail on transhuman politics and very different types of societies that can evolve from a post-scarcity era.

I intend to do it in turns, by which I mean, I will give everybody a day to respond what they want to do, and then resolve it.
Things that need to be done instantaneous like talking with a npc I want to do via either a chatroom, or via PM and then post them publicly to reduce clutter.

I can create an RP channel on Discord too for this.

I also really like the Martian idea ;) Watching us try to colonize would be funny.

It looks like Space appears to win, with martian and medieval sharing the second place. So how about this:
You have your own space colony somewhere in space and have to make it run, or you are under somebody who is administering a space colony and have to help him to do it?

Since there has been quite some interest in this, I might make as well make a miniseries out of it, where I explain how I create the world and all the mechanics around it.

How about we explore space and find a feudal, Martian colony.

Ima kill me a Martian dragon... with photon blasters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about we explore space and find a feudal, Martian colony.

Ima kill me a Martian dragon... with photon blasters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you mean, you are shepards to lead a not yet advanced race to enlightment. Interesting proposal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom