What's new

New Feature Improved Chat, PM's, and Mobile Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Our chat room has just undergone a SERIOUS renovation.(hence the reminder of donations haha)

body_tour_1.png

body_tour_2.png

There are a ton of new features, from handwritten messages, sending files, and whiteboards! And it will only get better!

You can now chat by using the bar at the bottom of the page. Chat from any forum topic, never miss your friends meme's, and now you can chat from.. wait for it... YOUR MOBILE PHONE!!

Either click the Chat Live link above or go to http://alttabme.com/forum/cometchat from your mobile device. Must be logged in.

Enjoy!

FYI I have to go to a family gathering so there are some bugs, but enjoy it as is for now! Will update more when I am back! I will also be adding permissions etc so premium members still have their colors :)

My first thoughts. I HATE CHANGE!!!

So far I liked the old way better. I usually am not a fan of overlay boxes on sites. I will give it a fair try cause, you know, AltTabMe.

I would like to see the color scheme be in line with what the site is at now. White text on a dark grey background.
I liked having the chat box on the forum main page so I could jump to new posts with a refresh and let the chat flow while idle.
I prefer the popout function on the chat over having it just overlay the screen.
I can't put pics and gifs in the chat right now
There is only 1 orange text color we need more colors.
Having the facebook 1 on 1 type im is nice

I also don't like it that every time I go to a new page or refresh the site, I have to turn back on the timestamp, only a small thing though.

FYI I have to go to a family gathering so there are some bugs, but enjoy it as is for now! Will update more when I am back! I will also be adding permissions etc so premium members still have their colors :)

^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya, you always fix all the things. I have faith. Just giving my feedback.

Hope you are having a good family day.

Ok that chat has too many issues for permissions for just a mobile app that "kinda works".

I looked into more extensive edits and it just couldn't handle it. So that was a bust...

I will take the resources from that and try to get us a mobile version of our current chat. Sorry. had to get real world usage to see how it worked out.

If anyone can help me out with some coding aspects hit me up in PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom