What's new

Android Ingress

Hit level 8 last week, now I'm a bit unsure what to do next - other than creating fields, and meeting up with people to build L8 farms, haha

I hear that achievements will be coming to the game though, that should give max level players a new incentive.

Hit level 8 last week, now I'm a bit unsure what to do next - other than creating fields, and meeting up with people to build L8 farms, haha

I hear that achievements will be coming to the game though, that should give max level players a new incentive.

Well based on the people that are 8 that I've spoken with (I'm only 7 myself) they seem to really enjoy getting together to take out larger opposing team farms. There are also constant "wars" in certain areas and lots of people get together for collaborative projects where they make intricate fields that either look like something cool or span large areas. I'm actually working on doing a key swap with some folks in NJ (I'm in CA) so well see if they extend the range what it will be like. I also like collecting the keys from neat portals :)

This is a level of nerdiness than I can only gaze in wonder upon.

Actually I think it's far less nerdy than say having a LAN night. At least for Ingress we walk around outside and go out for food and beverages. The 13Magnus event in San Francisco was a lot of fun (although I was only there briefly sadly). It's far more social and gets me out of the house :)

I had this and played for a while, but no one around me was playing so it was kind of boring to ride around and just make sure my stuff didn't disappear from inactivity.

I had this and played for a while, but no one around me was playing so it was kind of boring to ride around and just make sure my stuff didn't disappear from inactivity.

I've heard that was an issue in some areas =( Thankfully the place I live is fairly populated and there are plenty of good spots to play within a short distance. Perhaps more people will pick up the game in your area. You do have invite capabilities (unless that was removed once the game went live - I'm almost certain I still have mine though). Maybe you could recruit some people! :)

I played this for a while but it seem like nobody in my town or surrounding towns played so I was taking over everything and got bored.

Yeah, realizing it's not as fun as expected. Every node is taken for my team in my area already.

Top Bottom