What's new

IMPORTANT iphone iOS7 Update

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
bth_Apple-logo.png

Hello fellow iphone users. Just wanted to make a thread to discuss the new update from Apple, the iOS7 update.

Like many of you who updated you will have things that you like and things that you don't like and you can to the right place to express your happiness or upsetted...ness haha. I have a few pros and cons myself.

First order of business is the new look. I personally do not like the cartoonish look of the apps. (see below for before and after pics)
ios6_ios7_home_screens.jpg

Pros:
  • Faster
  • Siri is a lot nicer. Don't have to call her a bitch as often as i use to.
  • The Control Center is a nice feature. I am happy to see they incorporated a flashlight into the phone without having to add it on my won.
  • I haven't used Airdrop yet but the concept itself seems like it will make a huge difference.
  • Its a lot easier to get to apps
  • *I like on the compass it has an inclinometer. For those who are in construction or just using it around the house its a great function*
Cons:
  • Obviously the cartoonish look to it.
  • Finally got used to iOS6 and now gotta learn it all over again.
  • In the mail i use to be able to swipe my emails and delete them. Well that function got swiped itself. Now you have you click edit at the top and select the emails manually. Very frustrating. Apparently they changed the way they swipe to pull up the delete option.
So far this is all i have but will continue updating this thread as i play around with iOS7 and learn more of it.

I hope to hear some tips and trips you guys and girls have learnt and will share. *For those commenting please let us know which devise you are on. I have a Iphone 5*

EDIT: If it has * next to it then it has been added after original post

Be very careful on 4S devices updating, it will drain your battery FAST. Turn off background app checks for better life.

When the people who are hard at work allow for us to change things, I will let others know and assist as needed. Customization is why I do what I do.

I actually really like the new look. My only qualms are the camera lift on lock screen is a bit finicky when it comes to working, and the high contrast text for imessage. Other than that I like it a lot.

They will not offer you a way to switch, BUT they should offer a way to make it less contrasty. Problem is their disability setting that inverst all colors and actually makes everything look fucking awesome, also inverts your camera and backgrounds making everything look... unusable :p I guess some people see the world with inverted eyes? I don't really get the point of it if that isn't that case....

But yeah so far so good. The camera additions are really slick, the live instagram type shit is nice too. Plus it is baked into a raw image file so you can change it over and over even after saving. That makes my photographer geek brain come apart :)

Wow look at that, I get some sleep and can write more than a sentence.

This is weird. Verizon usually sends me a text message telling me i have used 50%, 75% and 90%. But this month i get a text and its like "bam you have used all data till the 8th" Even if i try my hardest it takes a while for me to get to my data limit. Just checked on my phone and it has a place saying "Cellular Data Usage" Current period. I'm going to guess this is how you can keep track on your own how much data you use. Well i have 4 gb of data usage and this is telling me i have only used 1.2 gb.... very strange.

Anybody else running into this? What's happening? Is background apps chewing through my data non-stop? Is iOS7 screwing up my phone and misreading my data usage?

Did you try googling it or calling verizon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the look of iOS 7 on my iPad. The multitasking is awsome, MUCH better than the row of icons in a tray. The new Apple icons are fugly, but I hide them all in folders anyway. Speaking of which, I love the new ability to have pages of apps in folders. Gone are my Games, More Games, and Even More Games folders- I can have them all in one. I try to keep just 1 screen of icons, so that makes a big difference to me.

I wish the iPad had the flashlight function. I know it's huge and unwieldly, but if I want to take it to the bathroom with me in the middle of the night, it should help me, dammit.

Top Bottom