What's new

Jailbreaking iOS9

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Since Bruce just jailbroke I did some research on apps and stuff. Feel free to add to this, suggest things, and tell us your experience with jailbreaking and the speed of the device, battery life, etc.Instagram ++ and f.lux alone makes me want this lol

Here is what I found to be useful:

The iOS 9 Jailbreak is out! That means tons upon tons of awesome iOS 9 Cydia tweaks are yours for installing! Here’s a starter list of the top 20 compatible iOS 9 Cydia tweaks you can download right now!
  1. Barrel. Change the animation when moving between pages. More than 10 to choose from and additional ones can be downloaded from Cydia.
  2. Forcy. Bring iPhone 6S 3D Touch functionality to any iOS device. Just slide up on compatible icons from the homescreen to see 3D Touch options for increased functionality.
  3. Speed Intensifier. Speed up your device by making system animations faster or removing them altogether. Makes any device feel brand new and even new 6S models feel like lightning.
  4. Nightmode8. Enables a system wide night mode. Easy on the eyes at night, especially when paired with f.Lux!
  5. Bloard. Enable a dark looking keyboard system wide.
  6. f.Lux. Adjusts the color temperature of your display according to your surroundings. Dims in the nighttime, stays bright and colorful in the daytime. Custom Source Needed: “http://justgetflux.com/cydia
  7. StatusVol 2. An unobtrusive way to switch volume without activating a HUD that covers your content. Very similar to switching volume when viewing a SnapChat story. Source Needed: “http://apt.steverolfe.com”
  8. Zeppelin. Extremely old tweak, one of the best. Replace your carrier logo with a logo of choice. Anything from the batman symbol to a nike sign.
  9. Anchor. Move app icons to any free spot available on the homescreen. No more single file restrictions.
  10. RoundDock. Add curves to your dock for a more modern look.
  11. CircleIcons. Set all of the icons in settings to circles. Fits in very well on iOS 8 and it’s hard to believe this didn’t come in stock iOS 8!
  12. SwipeSelection. A feature removed from iOS 9 on all devices but 6S. Move the cursor when editing text without the hassle of reaching up to edit text. Also just as easily select text to copy.
  13. Legacy Switcher. Bring back the iOS 8 multitasking app switcher. For those who hate unnecessary change. Custom Source Needed: “repo.cpdigitaldarkroom.com”
  14. Watch Notifications. Bring Apple Watch like look to your notifications. A fun bubbly theme for all lockscreen notifications.
  15. VirtualHome. Prevent unnecessary wear on your home button. VirtualHome will activate the home button with just a tap and a tap and hold will bring up the app. Custom Source Needed: “http://wootylab.com/repo4u”
  16. Phantom for Snapchat. Supercharge snapchat! Send camera roll photos or videos to friends or post to your story. Save photos and videos without signing into another app. Location spoofing & so much more!
  17. Instagram ++. Save photos in Instagram directly to your device, copy to clipboard and zoom in on photos.
  18. iCleaner. Free up leftover data from various sources. Never run out of storage again!
  19. CyDelete8. Allows you to easily remove Cydia apps with icons from the homescreen without needing to tediously do so for every app from within Cydia.
  20. TetherMe or MyWi. Adds free and unlimited tethering functionality. No need to pay monthly fees for it here in America.
Bonus Tweaks
21. CC Deseperator. Makes the control center look much better by removing separating and different colored bars.
22. Transparent Dock. A clean theme for your dock that makes it look flush with the background.
23. Fuse. Combine your time and music controls on the lockscreen for a flush and clean look.

Here’s to another great Jailbreaking season. The latest iOS 9 jailbreak is off to a rough start yet already many jailbreak developers are lunging for updates and improving their already existing iOS 9 Cydia tweaks. So here are 10 awesome iOS 9 Cydia tweaks to start your journey. Some are brand new and some updated from existing jailbreaks in the past. Nonetheless, all great iOS 9 Cydia Tweaks.
  1. Medusa. A port of the iPad Air 2 & Mini 4 split screen multitasking for older iPads or any iPhone or iPod models. Includes slideover and the split screen view for portrait and landscape views. Includes picture in picture for all iPads as well. Custom Source Needed: http://repo.cpdigitaldarkroom.com
  2. BioProtect. Very functional tweak that adds an extra layer of security to your device. Have a spouse or friend creeping around your device? Worry no longer, this tweak allows you to lock individual applications with a TouchID enabled.
  3. Apex 2. Hide apps behind other apps, very fluid interface. Each app can nestle 4 other apps behind it. Nice way to clean up your springboard without using folders.
  4. BetterFiveIconHomescreen & BetterFiveIconDock. Get five icons horizontally on your homescreen and dock using this lite and free tweak. Looks great and instantly gives a custom look. Custom Source Needed: http://repo.rpdev.info/
  5. BetterFourByFourFolders. Bring over that 4×4 folder configurations from iPads over to all iPhones. Custom Source Needed: http://repo.rpdev.info/
  6. CustomCovers. Theme your album artwork in the Music application! Many themes to choose from and works on the lockscreen as well.
  7. WaveFlow. Adds a visualizer to your album artwork view in music. Looks great and many styles to choose from. Also plays nice with CustomCovers.
  8. LockGlyph. Add a very subtle yet visually satisfying animation to your lockscreen for when unlocking your device with TouchID. Customizable animations and look!
  9. DeleteForever. Delete photos permanently! With this installed you will be able to choose from send to recently deleted folder or permanently delete photos!
  10. QuickShootPro. Easily record video and take photos just by double or triple tapping on the camera icon or any other icon. Makes for sneaky and fast photo taking.
BONUS TWEAKS.
  1. StealthCam. Take photos on iOS 9 from the lockscreen without the screen even being on! Sneaky photo taking basically.
  2. Mobius. Scroll infinitely through your homescreen pages! Custom Source Needed: http://repo.tylercasson.com
  3. TypeStatus. Know before you receive an iMessage when the other person is typing the message. Really cool but at the same time functional.

I actually purchased IntelliscreenX and MyWi aaaages ago for my 3GS or 4S and still have a license that transfers during upgrades. These are the only two things I have ever paid for in a jailbreak, but I have gotten some pretty awesome usage out of them. MyWi gives my phone Tethering, which as you know with an unlimited data package is kind of amazing. IntelliscreenX alters your lock screen and adds boatloads of accessibility on it. Currently being updated for ios 9, but I'm excited.

I actually purchased IntelliscreenX and MyWi aaaages ago for my 3GS or 4S and still have a license that transfers during upgrades. These are the only two things I have ever paid for in a jailbreak, but I have gotten some pretty awesome usage out of them. MyWi gives my phone Tethering, which as you know with an unlimited data package is kind of amazing. IntelliscreenX alters your lock screen and adds boatloads of accessibility on it. Currently being updated for ios 9, but I'm excited.

I wanna jailbreak sometimes but then I realize I like updating to the latest OS especially when I need stable apps and such from devs for filming. But then I also know it could unlock some really helpful shit for me. IT IS A CONUNDRUM!

I wanna jailbreak sometimes but then I realize I like updating to the latest OS especially when I need stable apps and such from devs for filming. But then I also know it could unlock some really helpful shit for me. IT IS A CONUNDRUM!

Well, you can think of it this way. You can jailbreak it, see how you like it, and when the new iOS comes out, you just upgrade (it'll remove Cydia and all your tweaks automatically). If, again you want to jailbreak, you can wait for the next release.

So...if you jailbreak you can return it to a non-jailbroken state at the next update? Meaning any update and not a big # one. say 9.03

So...if you jailbreak you can return it to a non-jailbroken state at the next update? Meaning any update and not a big # one. say 9.03
Would love to know this too.

Also the install process: Do I have to install from a fresh install?

I installed as is. Most people recommend doing an itunes backup first, but I YOLO'd. With the version of Pangu I used, it took three tries to get a full JB, but that's somewhat expected to need to try 1-4 times (something about random kernel processes for the exploit to work and doesn't damage the phone in any way).

Everything feels the same speed at the moment. I also haven't installed anything crazy however. I'll give a better breakdown soon, but I will mention that I... uh... Can access some yo ho ho ho sides of things.

So question:
You do a backup, then what? Fresh install? Then Restore?
Or you can install right over your current install?

And yes we all know jailbreaking means free apps but fuck that shit I don't need the China virus.

Still want to know if I don't like it I can wipe it clean and go back to an un-jailbroken phone. I've read some articles but this topic is very hush hush it seems. Some people ended up with broken phones and such.

fuck that shit I don't need the China virus.

Heh, I have other means. I don't use that process.

Anyways.

Here is the process I used. I downloaded Pangu 1.0.2 I believe (there is a newer version that was released today that ensure less randomized kernel so should reduce the multiple attempts). I followed the instructions (plug in phone, start, unlock, open X app, done). The whole process with the three attempts took me less than 20 minutes. Didn't need to fresh install, didn't need to really do anything other than download and use Pangu actually. They've made it pretty foolproof.

All you have on your phone afterwards is Cydia, which is the real housing for JB apps. This is where you can download tweaks and non-apple store apps. The basic Repositorities that exist here include tens of thousands of things, of simple icon replacements, ringtones, wallpapers, to more robust tweaks like intelliscreenx and the sort. /r/jailbreak is a GREAT resource to find new tweaks that are released, especially during this grace period where many tweaks aren't supported in 9.0 yet.

You can also add in other repo's to gain access to other further unsanctioned apps and tweaks (this is where I yo ho with a more reputable source).

Overall, it's pretty plug and play and requires little to no prep. I didn't backup. I just downloaded and installed and got my lovely Cydia back. If you upgrade to 9.1 or whatever, your phone will just have any tweaks removed and set back to either a standard settings or settings that you had prior to the tweak. Speaking from past experiences anyways. I would just upgrade and any tweaks would be removed and iphone was back to regular settings (wouldn't format or anything). Best part is, my yo ho apps would still exist too, but I can explain that a bit deeper in a different setting.

That said, I have FF7 on my phone. Works nice. >_> Y'know, for testing purposes.

NOTE - iOS 9.1 IS OUT. IF YOU WANT TO JB, DO NOT UPGRADE TO 9.1

tr1age Pangu is different from TaiG (which is the one that had a "separate app store" that had all the malware).

Thank you :) lol
I was not putting that in context for some reason lol.
Continue with your yo ho and a bottle of rum lol

Repos confuse me.

Honestly all I want is multiple Instagram Accounts and the Pikachu in the status bar lol
I will prolly update to 9.1 :p

Repositories are pretty much websites that store apps and tweaks. Cydia comes with a few repos that have been "approved", but you can add more manually. For flux I had to add their beta repo to grab the 9.0 flux beta version.

And I have silly things like FakeCarrier that changed AT&T to GYOIN on my top bar.

Repositories are pretty much websites that store apps and tweaks. Cydia comes with a few repos that have been "approved", but you can add more manually. For flux I had to add their beta repo to grab the 9.0 flux beta version.

And I have silly things like FakeCarrier that changed AT&T to GYOIN on my top bar.

Lol, I like the customization for sure, when they figure out the 9.1 break I will update. I wanted the new emojis and live photo fixes.

Also I have an iPhone 6S coming tomorrow from Apple. I'll jailbreak that one to play around.

Top Bottom