What's new

[Jan 6, 2015] RAID NIGHT! - 1/6/2014 Reset (Milleuda's House)

LaNCeRs

Goal is to make it through 4/6 so that we are in a position to down Ohmna on Sunday. Prepare yourselves to take care of business!

We will have a summoner.

I WANT TO BUT MY COMPUTER IS STILL DEAD I NEED A NEW HARD DRIVE HELP MEEEE.
Do you not have the money to buy one from best buy or whatever? And you have an operating system disc right? If no to any of these, PM me.

Oh no I do, I just wanted to order one because I always feel like Best Buy is railroading me into buying one of five equally shitty options. I have a Win8 disc, I'm assuming I don't need to buy another one but that does kind of seem like something they'd do nowadays.

You don't need to buy a new one. You're gonna get ass blasted either way. Seagate or WD is about the same.

I'm just still too skeptical about SSD durability to put my OS on there, and I'm not about to drop 400 bucks on a TB SSD to replace the storage of the traditional drive that burned out. I've gotta go get some new cables and stuff for work on the way home, so I'll poke around while I'm there and see what they have.

You don't buy a TB SSD. Just enough for the OS with a little wiggle room and maybe a couple games. Everything else goes on a HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no I do, I just wanted to order one because I always feel like Best Buy is railroading me into buying one of five equally shitty options. I have a Win8 disc, I'm assuming I don't need to buy another one but that does kind of seem like something they'd do nowadays.

Go see if there's a Micro Center near you, they're the best retail option for PC stuff by far and you can actually ask for help and get decent advice. I know they have at least one or two stores in IL.

Failing that, just look for a WD Caviar Blue (standard fare) or Black (slightly better performance, higher cost) drive for under like $80 at Best Buy. Grab it yourself, don't talk to anyone, and book it out of that shithole.

Office despot/staples has HDDs too, but probably for the same prices as Best buy.

We don't have anything good anymore. We used to have a little shop called Computer Deli that was great, but they closed a couple months ago and it made me very sad. Best Buy is fine, I just hate boxing myself in. BUT FOR ALL OF US, I WILL BEAR THIS BURDEN.

We don't have anything good anymore. We used to have a little shop called Computer Deli that was great, but they closed a couple months ago and it made me very sad. Best Buy is fine, I just hate boxing myself in. BUT FOR ALL OF US, I WILL BEAR THIS BURDEN.

That's what you get for living in Peoria and not Chicago

That's what you get for living in Peoria and not Chicago

YOU LIVE IN PEORIA. I mean we literally had a fantastic computer store until a couple months ago, it was very sad. And also hella inconvenient, because it was the only place I knew I could find whatever I needed to keep all of our work computers afloat.

I didn't go to Best Buy last night on account of people in Illinois seem to forget that it snows literally every year and just all crash their cars into each other the first time white stuff falls from the sky. But I will go tonight, and I will weigh my options. And then I'll try to salvage poor Mustakrakish, the Lake Troll.

I had the time totally wrong - my bad. :\[DOUBLEPOST=1420601099,1420601039][/DOUBLEPOST]Not that I would have made it anyways, apparently.
My left foot decided to make my life miserable today and the only way to make the pain go away is go to sleep and wait so I was napping.

I had the time totally wrong - my bad. :\[DOUBLEPOST=1420601099,1420601039][/DOUBLEPOST]Not that I would have made it anyways, apparently.
My left foot decided to make my life miserable today and the only way to make the pain go away is go to sleep and wait so I was napping.

ok

Top Bottom