What's new

GW2 Know your bags

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
GW2 has an interesting take on bags. Different crafting professions can make bags that have different uses.

Armorsmith makes boxes, Leatherworker makes packs, and tailor makes bags. They all do the same thing as your backpack: they hold your stuff. You can equip any combination of boxes, packs or bags.

However each craft can make 2 types of specialty bag.

The first specialty type is an invisible bag/pack or reinforced safe box. These bags do hold any item, but they also have the ability...
Items in this box will never appear in a sell-to-vendor list and will not move when inventory is sorted.

The second type of specialty bag is unique to each craft.
Tailor - Crafting bag
if there are empty slots, newly found crafting items will be placed into this bag first.
Leatherworker - Oiled leather pack
junk items will be stored here first
Armorsmith - Padded Equipment Box
If possible weapons and armor will fill this bag before other empty spaces.

Regular bags, invisible bags, and specialty bags come in a variety of sizes so be aware of what you are buying and if its really what you want. Unlike WoW where a specialty bag only held the specialty items it looks like the specialty items will try to go into the specialty bags first, but the bags will accept other items if it has room.

Invisible bags seem pretty useful if you keep organized, but the specialty bags seem like a personal choice of convenience vs cost since they will probably sell for more on the auction house over plain bags.

Hmm, this is quite interesting and I like this bag specific concept. Any idea if these bags will be specific to those craft skills, or can anyone equip them?

Anyone can equip them. It's also important to recognize that these bags are different that WoW's specialty bags. These don't restrict anything, merely help organize by putting priority on place. However, besides the invisible bag, I really don't see a big use for these. They seem to be more of a novelty than useful.
And the problem with an invisible bag is that it will get filled up once other bags fill up, meaning that junk could get put in there automatically, and not be able to be sold until you take the time to transfer those items to a regular bag.

Am I viewing this wrong? Or are these going to be fairly irritating/useless?

I could see the invisible bag being annoying for the reasons you listed, but I would consider that bag as my "Put stuff here that I don't want to sell" such as gear you know you will wear, and swap out for certain situations, as well as the ever important crafting materials. Depending on the size of the invisible bag, it may end up getting filled with crap because you are only storing so much in there that you don't actually want to sell.

Top Bottom