What's new

Kollide Entertainment goes Live

Joeyray Hall

Hello Everyone, this morning at 9am PST the Web and fund raising sight for Kollide Entertainment LLC; Kevin Caldwell and my new game company, went live. If you would or know of anyone who would like to see what we are up too, check out our first game development, or just help us raise money to make our little company a reality please click here: www.Kollide.com. Come join with thousands of people from around the world as we embark on our adventure to change an industry and delivery kick-ass games! This is going to be AWESOME!!!

I am not sure I understand what the game will be? I see a lot of really high stretch goals, but not a clear path of what kind of game it will be. The concept art is really nice, but the video didn't tell us much except for background information about who you are.

I think people would be more likely to invest if they knew what they were investing in. For instance we all jumped on the Crowfall bandwagon because their kickstarter was extremely clear on what kind of game we would be looking for at the end of the day.

Do you plan on expanding that information as time goes on?

I understand the idea of a good story, and inspiration from games like the last of us, but is that enough to make a good game?

I suppose the question everyone is going to have here is why should we spend our money on this, and what is it we are spending out money on EXACTLY?

I think the gaming world, especially the crowdfunded sphere is about transparency, up to a point obviously, but enough to let us know why to invest and let us make the educated decision to chance our hard earned cash on "the next big thing". Although I feel like we are less looking for the next big thing and more looking for "a game that we want to play and can do so with our friends".

I'm going to take a quick moment and mention a few things. Simple grammatical errors in your original post deters me from even clicking on your link, nevermind even investing. If you're going to be posting advertisements on other sites, please rethink your strategy and be a bit more... With it to the gaming communities and general internet personas. Simple things like "sight" over "site" or using the wrong "too, to, or two" will instantly put off potential investors. I'm assuming it was made in haste, but little things like that detract from your image immensely.

Your website also ruins the experience. I click on your link above, and click on "Join Us" and instantly hit with an error page. Your story page confuses me with an indirect time-line of when the game is actually occurring and a mix of neo-nazi extremists in Afghanistan and an American Navy Seal? Your mission statement is talking about about "better games and more of them", but a third person, action adventure, non-FPS(?) military excursion? Why should I invest money in a game that sounds like more of the same? What really separates this from the shoveling of games that exist in this genre already?

Not trying to be crass, but from what I've seen, I have little to no interest in even following this project, let alone invest in a start-up company that started yesterday for a game that will take years to create for a currently over-saturated genre.

You guys certainly have the experience and know-how for game design with your experience, and that's the only reason I bothered replying to this. If you want money, you're going to need to step it up in the marketing.

Also why is there no end date to the fundraiser? Or timeline goals?

All I see is an open invitation to send money for as long as possible. That freaks me out. Without an end goal and the possibility of not being funded, how can I trust my money is going to be returned if this isn't funded to final?

I dunno, I see a lot of things that send up red flag, Gyoin answered a bunch of them up there but if I went really into it:

We want to make kick-ass games that will be remembered as all-time greats. We also want to alter the course of an industry that has become more about making shareholders happy than about creating valuable gaming experiences for players. We see this in the form of disappointing sequels, lackluster release quality, cookie-cutter free to play mobile games, and in cost-cutting measures such as seasonal workforces and lay-offs. As gamers like you, we want better games, and more of them. As developers, we want a more sustainable business model that puts quality and player fulfillment ahead of stakeholder value, while providing proper compensation and job stability for our employees. As business owners, we want to create a healthy and supportive culture for our employees that will drive engagement and fulfillment to great heights. Simply put, we recognize there are many issues and challenges that our fellow developers and gamers face and we want to address them through a new way of doing things.

This is as generic as it can get.

Which is then replied to with a generic reasoning that doesn't actually give any reasoning, it just kinda calls out shortcomings of people or things in the industry without clear goals or ways of fixing them:

HOW ARE WE GOING TO ACCOMPLISH THIS?
BY STARTING WITH A STRONG SET OF CORE VALUES...
People first.

Our vision is driven by a mentality that our success will always be predicated by doing right by our players, our employees, our families, and our friends. By striving to always put people first, we know that no matter what we end up with at the end of this journey, it will be done in the pursuit of this noble purpose.

Work to Live. Live to Game.

We love to make games and we love to play games, yet we also recognize the immense importance of family, friendship, and the pursuit of personal growth that can only come from experiences outside of the office.

Love the games you make and want to play.

In the same way that we want every player to love the games we make, every employee should love the products they are creating. When passions fade or never existed to begin with for a particular product, mistakes happen and poor quality games are the result.

Master the craft.

There is ultimate fulfillment and harmony in the mastery of a skill or process, and we know this. By pursuing perfection in the art of game development, our players will reep the rewards as will our employees. Rest assured we will never get lazy or bored, because there is nothing more rewarding, motivating, and inspiring than working with magnificent colleagues who are all striving to be their best. It is absolutely infectious.

Tell a story.

We want our games to be rich and immersive in a way that few others ever achieve. We believe the way to do that is by always telling a story - every character has a backstory, every event has an identifiable root cause, and every environment has a history, which will come out in our story dialogue, our environment art, and our level design.

Listen & consider.

HUGE egos are born in the gaming world when a single developer believes they are the sole reason for the success of a product, but we know that that is never the case. Ideas and inspiration comes from everywhere. They only need the opportunity to be heard and considered.

Have fun.

Life is too short not to. There is nothing better than the feeling of waking up in the morning and doing something that you love, that will make not just us, but other people happy. The stories that we have all heard of the pure joy, fulfillment, and passion that video games have inspired throughout our industry's brief history is something that we want to continue.

Tag onto that the whole "
We are going to evolve the video gaming industry by forging life-long bonds with our players who are an integral part of our team – not just customers." and you get to reap the rewards too thing, by giving us discounts on future projects... I mean... I can wait for a steam sale without investing in a company.

Last two things, the video, I think the guy on the left is not very good at public speaking, the only time he smiled was when it got weird at the end and he had his head looking at the ground to end his last words. It was just kinda weird and made me feel very uncomfortable.

It is good to see the grammar issues on the website itself were remedied.

Top Bottom