What's new

Labyrinth, the tabletop card game!

Passage

Polychromatic

Full video at Kickstarter:

A buddy of mine works at Free Range Games and they're trying to get their first independent title off the ground. They've already received enough Steam votes for a green light, and now they're working on a Kickstarter! The game is a hybrid Tabletop/CCG.

Here's the spiel from my buddy at FreeRange:

Labyrinth is a blend of Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons, a digital collectible card game/tactical RPG set in a fantasy world rich with unique characters (some I’ve created) and beautiful yet unforgiving dungeons/environments. We’ve spent much of our focus world building and having a blast translating it all into 3D as well as creating awesome illustrations for the hundreds of playable cards we will have. It’s a project we’ve put much love and sacrifice into and I believe it shows.

We want to make sure that when we finish Labyrinth, that it’s the game we had envisioned since the beginning. To do so, we have prepared a Kickstarter campaign to hopefully aid us see this dream through. If you check out Labyrinth’s Kickstarter page and would like to play it, please help fund it. Anything goes a long way.

If you know anyone who may be into Labyrinth, please help us spread the word. Thank you for your support!

Last edited:
I´ve been looking at it, and couldn´t find the part where it says how to buy cards? It looks like P2W to me.

I was thinking that, too, but it's too early to tell since we don't have enough info. The core peeps have some affiliation with the Solforge team, so imagine the business model may be similar.

I just asked on the Kickstarter page.

Last edited:
Update: Not P2W!

It's going to be like Hearthstone - all cards can be acquired without real money, cards can be disenchanted and crafted, and trading is not allowed.

PS.
Not to derail my own topic, but if anyone believes Hearthstone is P2W, I strongly disagree.

I spent $3 (or $4?) buying two failed arena runs (learned my lesson), but I otherwise consider myself a F2P player. All of my packs, arena runs, and expansion content are purchased with the game currency. I have 30 legendaries, 4 of which I crafted using materials from excess cards. My highest rated rank is 9 with Legend being very possible.

If Labyrinth is similar, then I'm optimistic!

Last edited:
Top Bottom