What's new

Wildstar Legendary Stuff in Wildstar?

Darkhorse

Ok I have used the search function on the forum and can not find anything on Legendaries in Wildstar.

Ok guys do we know if we are getting Legendaries from say vanilla wow or from say cataclysm expansion in wow?

Are we getting legendaries that a 40man raid team work months to get one member a legendary. Them days you seen one person with a legendary you "know!" they took 40man raiding and getting through seven shades of the brown stuff to get.

I think a legendary should be as the same suggests "Legendary" or rare or one of kind. Back in vanilla wow seeing an epic armour was something to behold.

There have been discussions on other sites other than ours, but there has been talk from Carbine saying they might/want implement something of "legendary" caliber. Nothing official, so your guess is as good as mine.

I haven't seen anything at all on itemization yet. Just from overall feel of the game, I'd expect there to be tiers of loot, including legendaries or some equivalent. I'm hoping they will be actually Legendary and hard to get. I'm not talking .00001% drop rate hard to get. More like Atiesh hard to get.

The only thing I have heard is that the very top tier best stuff will only be attainable by the 1% both in pve (raiding) and pvp (warplots)

In one panel Gaffney did say that raid difficulty will change from week to week and on the easier weeks they will cater to the more hardcore guilds by rewarding the world first clears with things like legendarys. Whether that meant actual legendary items or something different I don't know the context was kinda ambiguous.

The only thing I have heard is that the very top tier best stuff will only be attainable by the 1% both in pve (raiding) and pvp (warplots)

In one panel Gaffney did say that raid difficulty will change from week to week and on the easier weeks they will cater to the more hardcore guilds by rewarding the world first clears with things like legendarys. Whether that meant actual legendary items or something different I don't know the context was kinda ambiguous.

Don't you mean the harder weeks will be rewarded?

I wouldn't like legendaries to be for first clears only. I would be in favor of exclusive titles, though.

Ok I have made two posts on legendaries one asking are we getting them and what kind of legendaries are they.

This post is on what kind of legendaries do you want on your characters?

For example my character a Mordesh healer (not sure on class yet) going scientist for the awesome scan bot. I would want a legendary boots that left behind a fire trail when I ran :)

I would want a legendary that gives some sort of effect to make it special.

-Ben-

On the easier weeks where the hardcore guilds don't have much to do they get rewarded for first clears and things like that. On the harder weeks where only the hardcore guilds can complete it they probably won't add in extra stuff.

Ok I have made two posts on legendaries one asking are we getting them and what kind of legendaries are they.

This post is on what kind of legendaries do you want on your characters?

For example my character a Mordesh healer (not sure on class yet) going scientist for the awesome scan bot. I would want a legendary boots that left behind a fire trail when I ran :)

I would want a legendary that gives some sort of effect to make it special.

-Ben-

These posts have been merged. Wow brotha.. dunno if you are trying to fill up the quota or something... but try to keep topics that are the same topic in one thread :) <3

Legendaries have to be unique in order to matter, imo. More stats isn't enough. There needs to be lore behind it as well as unique effects and properties not found anywhere else.

These posts have been merged. Wow brotha.. dunno if you are trying to fill up the quota or something... but try to keep topics that are the same topic in one thread :) <3

I thought if I merge two subjects it might cause confusion within the one thread. I don't care about my post count I only care about people ideas and opinions.

-Ben-

Legendaries have to be unique in order to matter, imo. More stats isn't enough. There needs to be lore behind it as well as unique effects and properties not found anywhere else.
Actually, in WS where stats will be somewhat randomized / customizable, this will create a weird situation. Armor will be usable by X classes, but every weapon only 1 class. And then, if only 1 class, will it be geared more towards one spec or another.

I mean, look back. How many caster legendaries were there in WoW?

Actually, in WS where stats will be somewhat randomized / customizable, this will create a weird situation. Armor will be usable by X classes, but every weapon only 1 class. And then, if only 1 class, will it be geared more towards one spec or another.

I mean, look back. How many caster legendaries were there in WoW?

A ton, especially later on. It took until Lich King to make a healer legendary, though.

I don't think Legendaries should be designed with a "everyone should get one" mentality. I want them steeped in lore. If it makes sense that a boss drops legendary spellslinger pistols, then that's all he should drop. It cheapens them if there's a version for everyone. As the game progresses, every class/spec could end up with a legendary, but I wouldn't want it to be something forced.

Ahh, see, the lore doesn't bother me. It's the prestige I want.

The shininess of possessing a legendary is nice, but the lore makes me nerdgasm. As in, I have THE staff that belonged to Medivh. 500 other people have it, too, but lore-wise, it's unique.

The shininess of possessing a legendary is nice, but the lore makes me nerdgasm. As in, I have THE staff that belonged to Medivh. 500 other people have it, too, but lore-wise, it's unique.
Nah, I just want to link it in trade chat. lol

To me legendaries have 2 aspects. A skin that almost no one else has, and stats better than the rest of the group. With WS having interchangeable stats on some of each item they could just boost the locked stats. Making a crazy look would be easy like GW2 did.

Yes I agree it's much more exciting getting a named Legendary.

How many people from wow wanted "Ashbringer" as a real legendary.

I also love a good lore around a legendary, having to jump through hoops and watch cut scenes is always great.

I also enjoyed the epic items you could buy from AH and it was a long quest chain with NPC voices, cut scenes and dungeon runs.

Top Bottom