What's new

Wildstar Level 20 Dungeon

Brigga

Didn't know if everybody saw this yet but here is a video from I thing Gamecon of a level 20 dungeon.

I feel like if i watch this video it ruins the surprise of going to that level 20 dungeon. but i really want to watch it. why is life so hard

I guess I could of added a spoiler tag if I knew how, but for those people that don't want to watch just don't click play lol.

Very cool video showing the boss fights for what will most likely be the first 5man dungeon in the game. Interesting mechanics and use of the telegraph system, cant wait to get in there!

That gives me hope for the difficulty level of the game. It's nice to see that even low level boss fights aren't tank n spank. There's actual phases of combat and need for communication.

also which kind of ties in to this as far as telegraphs go there is a video on youtube with the combat lead stating that they already have added in more telegraph colors which sounds amazing and gives even more real time information on the battlefield.

Red = Enemy Damage
Blue = Your personal targeting
Green = Friendly Healing
*new*
Purple = Enemy Healing
Orange = Friendly Damage

so now with this information you will be able to utilized CC to keep enemies from receiving healing and will be able to line up your own telegraphs to assist allies. The more I see the better this game is looking. Carbine never ceases to amaze, that's for sure!

Also, I have noticed in the most recent gameplay footage that telegraphs are much more transparent now than in the aiming dev speak but they have a brighter highlight around the border which makes the telegraphs pop a lot more but without seeming to muddy up the play surface as much. I love the change.

Really cool, and definitely encouraging for later dungeons that the level 20 is already this complex and interesting.

this looks amazing. cant wait to see al the interesting things they do with boss's at lvl cap.

One of the things exciting me most about WS is that I'm not thinking at all about cap right now. The leveling experience, paths, and now dungeons all look really fun. Hopefully, they also get the Elder game right, but as it stands I'll have several months of content to keep my busy.

One of the things exciting me most about WS is that I'm not thinking at all about cap right now. The leveling experience, paths, and now dungeons all look really fun. Hopefully, they also get the Elder game right, but as it stands I'll have several months of content to keep my busy.

I for one am desperately hoping that there is plenty to do before level cap besides repetitive lvl grinding gameplay. I work a lot now and will probably be unable to sit and grind for hours on end. Hence why TERA and GW2 fell so short for me. It looks very promising with this though! His comment about 45 minutes to an hour fifteen + has me kind of leery though, that's a long time to commit to a dungeon and if you start wiping...what then for your timeline and 'sry gtg' messages?!

I for one am desperately hoping that there is plenty to do before level cap besides repetitive lvl grinding gameplay. I work a lot now and will probably be unable to sit and grind for hours on end. Hence why TERA and GW2 fell so short for me. It looks very promising with this though! His comment about 45 minutes to an hour fifteen + has me kind of leery though, that's a long time to commit to a dungeon and if you start wiping...what then for your timeline and 'sry gtg' messages?!

Yeah, that's a bit long for a dungeon. Hopefully, that reference was specific to the dungeons he was discussing and we'll see a good variety of dungeon lengths.

Yeah, that's a bit long for a dungeon. Hopefully, that reference was specific to the dungeons he was discussing and we'll see a good variety of dungeon lengths.

an hour average feels a bit long to me as well cause I hate having to leave things like that when other people are involved. also another reason I've had to step back and not be able to play competitive LoL hardly at all since my little girl was born. it's very hard to commit to 45 minutes to an hour 100% uninterrupted when you have kids. I'll just have to do these kinds of thigs later when my wife is home or on my days off when she's home. I still think I'd prefer this as opposed to some 20 minute AoE spam no skill garbage that is called WoW. I guess it's hard to find the perfect balance.

I personally like the 45 minute to an hour time frame. To me it adds to the immersion of being there, and to the feeling of accomplishment when you actually pull it off. I don't want a dungeon to be a quick grab-n'-go situation.

an hour average feels a bit long to me as well cause I hate having to leave things like that when other people are involved. also another reason I've had to step back and not be able to play competitive LoL hardly at all since my little girl was born. it's very hard to commit to 45 minutes to an hour 100% uninterrupted when you have kids. I'll just have to do these kinds of thigs later when my wife is home or on my days off when she's home. I still think I'd prefer this as opposed to some 20 minute AoE spam no skill garbage that is called WoW. I guess it's hard to find the perfect balance.

Even with the higher difficulty, they can tune the dungeon length and length of the boss fights. I would like to see dungeons ranging from 25 min to about 60 min. Also, that time estimate could be based on players tackling it for the first time. Once groups are accustomed to the pulls and boss fights, they go a lot quicker.

I'm on board with the 60min dungeon. I too am a family man and it isn't hard to find time for something that takes that long. Yes I have to plan for it, but that is the life I have now.

seems to me that the 1 hour average is probably for first run throughs and it will be more like 40-45 once you get the hang of it which i think is a great length. i don't want really short ones as that encourages farming content which sucks.

I would be the first to complain if all dungeons were 30 minutes or less, but I think having one available as a "quick fix" would be nice. You can avoid endless runs of the same dungeons with lockout limitations, like only 5 runs of the same dungeon a day; or by implementing weekly rewards completing certain dungeons.

seems to me that the 1 hour average is probably for first run throughs and it will be more like 40-45 once you get the hang of it which i think is a great length. i don't want really short ones as that encourages farming content which sucks.

agree, and this is also probably in common/uncommon gear. once you're geared pretty well the fights get faster. the current trend is just minimizing trash pulls and making boss fights interesting which I hope that's what they do. the boss fights do seem pretty long now for 5 mans but that's something I'm sure will speed up with experience and gear. 45 minute average isn't too bad and maybe add on 5 minutes for wipes. I agree 20-30 minutes is too short imo. But then that's also why I do a crap ton of PvP. It's easier to fit in my availability.

Toward the end of the video he does mention that even tho they knew the mechanics of the fight they still had problems until they comunicated to move in a clockwise motion. This leads me to believe that the hour estimate on a regular 5 man is just as we expected with a new group that hasn't done the instance before.

Toward the end of the video he does mention that even tho they knew the mechanics of the fight they still had problems until they comunicated to move in a clockwise motion. This leads me to believe that the hour estimate on a regular 5 man is just as we expected with a new group that hasn't done the instance before.

Which also tells my that dungeons may be a nightmare to pug, at least for the first couple months.

Top Bottom