What's new

LFG - Magic 2014

Does the fact that every standard deck only have 30 extra cards mean whenever you play against someone with the same deck its gonna be like Exactly the same deck?..

Does the fact that every standard deck only have 30 extra cards mean whenever you play against someone with the same deck its gonna be like Exactly the same deck?..

it won't be exactly the same, depending on what flavour you have, but yeah, there's not a whole lot of customization, which is why I don't play as much.

Ive lately jumped onto Might & Magic , which is a free card game on Uplay. Its actually pretty good, I was a bit hesitant at the beginning because ive never played anything but Magic. But there is quite a lot of customization with you being able to buy packs of 12 cards just with the gold and seals you get from leveling up. There is also a sweet add on that lets you trade 'wild cards' (which you get randomly from packs) to specific cards you want and a daily card that you can trade all ur cards you dont want for. It also seems to have some depth to it, as you level you to unlock more cards from the wild card area.

I just wrote this here because im not too sure about the group aspect of the game, I know you can duel your friends, but beyond that I havent seen anything to resemble 2v2 or what not. So if basically if your looking for a free fun card game jump on! It takes a little learning but if you take the short tutorials you should be gravy!

I've got this on iPad now. Totally worth the $$.[DOUBLEPOST=1383690626,1383690586][/DOUBLEPOST]
it won't be exactly the same, depending on what flavour you have, but yeah, there's not a whole lot of customization, which is why I don't play as much.

Is the new "sealed play" mode multiplayer? I'm exited to dive into that.

Sealed mode is broken, ignore it. If it was like the card games version, then yeah it would be good. But its not, so you can get stuck with crap decks, and never be able to change them.

I got out of Magic because its a speculative card game. It costs too much money.

But Android: Netrunner is sick. When you buy the game, you get ALL the cards. Makes the game more about deck-building/playing than "I spent $200 more than you on this deck, so I win."

I got out of Magic because its a speculative card game. It costs too much money.

But Android: Netrunner is sick. When you buy the game, you get ALL the cards. Makes the game more about deck-building/playing than "I spent $200 more than you on this deck, so I win."

I don't play MTG competitively, my friends and I play for fun. We make non-standard decks and mostly play to troll each other, I feel this is the way magic -should- be played, too bad it's not. It's great with 3 of us playing and one of my insane alternate win decks actually works out, the anger and hatred spawned by winning with one is amazing. Also its fun as hell for me when I pull out a [bimg=bcenter]http://static.tappedout.net/mtg-cards/innistrad/mirror-mad-phantasm_medium.jpg[/bimg] mirror-mad phantasm, then clone it with [bimg=bcenter]http://elspethftw.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/cacklingcounterpart.jpg[/bimg] cackling counterpart and mill my entire library, then drop my finisher! [bimg=bcenter]http://8e8460c4912582c4e519-11fcbfd88ed5b90cfb46edba899033c9.r65.cf1.rackcdn.com/sales/cardscans/MTG/ISD/en/nonfoil/LaboratoryManiac.jpg[/bimg] The Laboratory Maniac and finish my turn, making me win the game. Such a satisfying feeling.

I don't play MTG competitively, my friends and I play for fun. We make non-standard decks and mostly play to troll each other, I feel this is the way magic -should- be played, too bad it's not. It's great with 3 of us playing and one of my insane alternate win decks actually works out, the anger and hatred spawned by winning with one is amazing. Also its fun as hell for me when I pull out a [bimg=bcenter]http://static.tappedout.net/mtg-cards/innistrad/mirror-mad-phantasm_medium.jpg[/bimg] mirror-mad phantasm, then clone it with [bimg=bcenter]http://elspethftw.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/cacklingcounterpart.jpg[/bimg] cackling counterpart and mill my entire library, then drop my finisher! [bimg=bcenter]http://8e8460c4912582c4e519-11fcbfd88ed5b90cfb46edba899033c9.r65.cf1.rackcdn.com/sales/cardscans/MTG/ISD/en/nonfoil/LaboratoryManiac.jpg[/bimg] The Laboratory Maniac and finish my turn, making me win the game. Such a satisfying feeling.

Seems risky. It'd be a mid to later game manuever depending on your luck and ability to get out enough land. Then you would have to hope they couldn't remove laboratory maniac from your field during their last turn. I'd totally play a deck like this though, I love alternate win strategies.

Seems risky. It'd be a mid to later game manuever depending on your luck and ability to get out enough land. Then you would have to hope they couldn't remove laboratory maniac from your field during their last turn. I'd totally play a deck like this though, I love alternate win strategies.
Yeah I have wall creatures that have mill target player (me) while I wait for the mana curve, then when I drop the lab maniac I have merfolk cards to make me draw then discard a card as a tap ability, which lets me win the same turn that I drop it. -brucethumbsup-

Yeah I have wall creatures that have mill target player (me) while I wait for the mana curve, then when I drop the lab maniac I have merfolk cards to make me draw then discard a card as a tap ability, which lets me win the same turn that I drop it. -brucethumbsup-

Nice combo. I think I'd be overwhelmed if I tried to play the IRL Magic. There's just so many OP cards and strategies.

Nice combo. I think I'd be overwhelmed if I tried to play the IRL Magic. There's just so many OP cards and strategies.
Yeah for sure, that's why I just play with friends and for fun, cause when you get a awesome combo off like my self mill deck it makes it really satisfying to win.

Yeah for sure, that's why I just play with friends and for fun, cause when you get a awesome combo off like my self mill deck it makes it really satisfying to win.

I played some fun YuGiOh decks back in the day- a life and death deck based around Fire Princess, and a blue eyes dragon summoning deck that was designed to enable 2-3 turn wins by summoning a 6k atk monster and smacking them in the face with it.

Top Bottom