What's new

Live Stream Guidelines and Microphone Guidelines

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
So as you all know I stream the games we play whenever we play them. If I am in mumble under the "Tr1age Live Stream" channel it pretty much means all that is said is passed to the stream.

So I wanted to just throw a few guidelines out there that have worked for my prior streams to keep it professional and we still get to be idiots and have fun.

1. NO ACCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE: A GOOD MICROPHONE WITHOUT FEEDBACK FROM YOUR SURROUNDINGS OR GAME. I will locally mute you if your sound hurts my ears. This is less for the stream and more for me lol
Here are two examples of good microphones in the affordable category and the must have the best category:
Headset and microphone(must have the best): http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-360-Headset-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U/ref=pd_cp_e_0
Microphone only (affordable): http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=pd_cp_e_1

But most of the time your mic settings are just setup wrong. Boost and Overly High settings on a mic will make it sound like cups above.
  1. Please do not talk about the amount of viewers. It is my personal rule, I don't want to announce we have 2 or 18271.
  2. Do not talk about other streams. It is free advertisements for them and can get us to lose viewers.
  3. Do not fight, if it is important and we need to talk NOW, just tell me and I will mute the stream mic.
  4. No talks of pirating, stealing, or torrents.
  5. Don't address the stream and if they do not reply be pissed. You can talk to them, ask them shit, or say hi, but if they don't respond, don't say anything.
  6. If you are not in the group, aka not in teh general vicinity in which we are playing, please use one of the other group channels. This way the stream doesn't hear, "OMG LOOK AT THIS NEW THING I JUST GOT" and wonder why they don't see the new thing. I don't mind white noise chatter, but try to keep it to a minimal if in the stream chat channel if we are doing something specific: 5's, WvW, Questing. To keep this even simpler, because I like to theory craft and talk about random shit with people not in my group as well, if I say: "Wiggly Boop is a Bitch" that is code for either come join our group or shoosh.
  7. Feel free to watch the stream and comment on what you see, no problem with that, but realize there is a 5-10 second delay between what you see and what you say.
These are just general guidelines I like to follow, nothing is written in stone. It is just some stuff I find makes the stream more enjoyable for those watching while keeping the view count up. And if we forget to do something, as I often do, no biggie, we are all here to make each other better and the game more enjoyable to each other, so no harm no foul.
We are not a SERIOUS PVP stream or a HARDCORE RAID stream, we are a "OMG DIVING BOARD EVENT FOR IN GAME LOOT TIME" stream! Have fun and don't get all serious panda on the mics when in stream chat, or I will make fun of you publicly to defuse it to the stream. =P

Triage has maybe been deprived of bacon this week Gyoin, I think you may want to keep a protective eye on Wiggly Boop

Oh man we got safe words now, this shit is getting kinky! Seriously though, good guidelines overall.

I thought of this the other day. But, I know some people don't like to have real names used ever with the public / on stream. Personally I don't care if people use my real name, a nickname, or call me slut (you get the idea).

Yeah, I've been trying to catch myself from using real names lately. I don't care either if people call me Bruce or Guy or Guy-oh-in or w/e

Top Bottom