What's new

New Feature Live Streams

I still need to figure out a way to keep an eye on twitch chat while in games. Lack of second monitor in a laptop is a bit annoying. Half makes me want an ipad, but that's a lot of money for such a novelty task.
Yeah I'm using my laptop to watch the chat. Once I've gotten a couple paychecks I'm upgrading my desk (crappy second hand thing that we got when we moved in) and adding a 2nd monitor. Streaming is a bit of a hassle with only 1 monitor.

Yeah I'm using my laptop to watch the chat. Once I've gotten a couple paychecks I'm upgrading my desk (crappy second hand thing that we got when we moved in) and adding a 2nd monitor. Streaming is a bit of a hassle with only 1 monitor.
Yeah. I just feel bad because someone the other day was like "I was trying to talk to you on chat but you never respond" and I was like "Shit, someone was actually watching me".

Yeah. I just feel bad because someone the other day was like "I was trying to talk to you on chat but you never respond" and I was like "Shit, someone was actually watching me".
That was me commenting on how sexy you are on stream. velorra and Vesi always respond to my harassment.

That was me commenting on how sexy you are on stream. velorra and Vesi always respond to my harassment.
Yeah, it's in bad form to not respond to people talking to the streamer. I'm trying to figure out a logical (and cheap) solution. Been thinking of a way to keep my phone on a stand and keep the chatbox on that.

Yeah, it's in bad form to not respond to people talking to the streamer. I'm trying to figure out a logical (and cheap) solution. Been thinking of a way to keep my phone on a stand and keep the chatbox on that.
Yeah if you have an android phone you can screen share with your laptop and just move it over to the phone.

Yeah if you have an android phone you can screen share with your laptop and just move it over to the phone.
iPhone, I know I can focus on video, chat, or both on the screen. But the thing is, I don't really want to be picking up my phone a ton to read stuff, so finding the location to place my phone within eyesight is the most difficult part.

I still need to figure out a way to keep an eye on twitch chat while in games. Lack of second monitor in a laptop is a bit annoying. Half makes me want an ipad, but that's a lot of money for such a novelty task.

Your iphone.

A lot of newer games are including some sort of interface that uses twitch. I know that Smite for certain does and the games that do have it include their own twitch chat channels in-game and in lobbies. The only downside to this is that you then have to go through their network and you wont have any type of UI that you would have set up (things like webcams and the like). But that would be a fix for the inability to read twitch chat. Another thing that you can do is set up your game to be in windowed mode (personally hate it and never use it) but that would give you more monitor space so that you could use the popout chat window next to the game; you would just have to then adjust your OBS or Xsplit settings to show what you want. Other than that, there isnt much that you cant do without some type of auxiliary view.

**Basking in multi-monitor Glory**

A lot of newer games are including some sort of interface that uses twitch. I know that Smite for certain does and the games that do have it include their own twitch chat channels in-game and in lobbies. The only downside to this is that you then have to go through their network and you wont have any time of UI that you would have set up (things like webcams and the like). But that would be a fix for the inability to read twitch chat. Another thing that you can do is set up your game to be in windowed mode (personally hate it and never use it) but that would give you more monitor space so that you could use the popout chat window next to the game; you would just have to then adjust your OBS or Xsplit settings to show what you want. Other than that, there isnt much that you cant do without some type of auxiliary view.

**Basking in the multi-monitor Glory**
The Smite internal steaming service SUUUUUUCKS. Seriously, my computer has never lagged or been less responsive than when I used that shit. I'd 100x rather use OBS than the internal Smite system. Shame too, I wanted the Ymir skin and would be pretty close to it by now.

I'm using a 17.3" laptop, so games have a perfect visual size for my taste. I'd hate to make it smaller for twitch chat. But I will have ti find some kind of solution (which will most likely result in my phone being used as a second monitor).

The Smite internal steaming service SUUUUUUCKS. Seriously, my computer has never lagged or been less responsive than when I used that shit. I'd 100x rather use OBS than the internal Smite system. Shame too, I wanted the Ymir skin and would be pretty close to it by now.

I'm using a 17.3" laptop, so games have a perfect visual size for my taste. I'd hate to make it smaller for twitch chat. But I will have ti find some kind of solution (which will most likely result in my phone being used as a second monitor).

Yea i figured that it would, when i looked at it and it showed a tiered system that increased your bitrate for streaming i knew the quality wasnt going to be the greatest. The streaming services that these companies are providing are really for people that either (A) dont know how or want to know how to set up their own stream and take the easy way out, or (b) People who's internet speeds aren't up to par to provide a quality stream. This has at least been my observation with the ones that i have used. Its nice that they are providing it, but it isnt up to par with the high standards that most people want out of streams.

But a recliner is the height of computer playing comfort technology. Computer chairs suck.

I'd have to disagree, it really depends on the chair that you have, my chair reclines just as much as any recliner and is still incredibly comfortable for gaming and the like.

After reading the rest of the thread, I have come to the conclusion that I would HATE to have to watch chat through anything smaller than another monitor... Luckily I have two laptops: my gaming one, and another older one I use for browsing the web, taking to work when I can, and twitch chat monitoring. :) And Vesi just stalks me there when I stream, even though he's sitting right next to me. Lol!

Pfft, I just want to be able to reply to the chat box as well! :p I can't ignore Dainjre's constant requests for cyber.

Top Bottom